Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim House complete wit pics

Is that a rent controlled apartment?
    Nice pad an nice work. I like the CA style. I liked how the cabinets above fridge area had big rails an stiles an just a little panel.I havent seen that before.
    Thanks for sharing.

2. I love it

My style

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by walter stellwagen View Post
    I love it

My style

Walt

Finally! Thanks!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

when can I move in? I love it and would be proud to own it great work.

Modern or not.....BEAUTIFUL workmanship in ALL of it.
    Grant
    GO Buckeyes!

Quite lovely Mark~!! Nice use of space and light.

Blog Entries
    Very beautiful. It really does all come together.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I also love the style, and the design and the implementation. Excellent work, Mark.

Hi Mark,
    Fabulous detail!! By "Craftsman" style I assume you mean that structural components, like the block walls, the tinted slab floors, integrated wood surfaces, the SS railings, cabinets, etc., all show (off) the skill/talent of the "craftsmen" and your furnitue(sculptures--artwork--) bring that sense into the living space as well. I really admire your vision and how you translate that to the builders to create it for/with you. I would imagine the "craftsmen" appreciate the opportunity to have their work visible, not covered by drywall, carpeting and curtains. Are you taking applications???

Do you find it difficult to leave these creations behind, even after the check clears, and when will you be starting your design/build classes at the "Mark Singer College of Woodworking Knowledge"?????
    Thanks for sharing. John.
    Last edited by John Bush; 08-06-2007 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Oooopppss, forgot to ask: Did you design the lighting as well?

I HATE THE KIM's

Mark, this is a stunning house..........only to be rivaled by.uhm.....your own.
    The style of this house really strikes a nerve with me, I love it so much it hurts.
    When I was up at your place, I felt like kicking out your neighbors and move in their house .

if I ever move your way, we need to chat
    Sascha

Beautiful home! Looks like it would be very open and light almost like no roof. I like that! I also like the wood. NOt over done, but just enough. You have a right to be very proud.

Great size home

Glad you make comfortable and interesting homes. Large McMansions are neither. If you have time could you post a couple more pics of the vanity.
    Thanks
    Rob

Absolutley stunning!

Mark,
    The material slection and harmony is amazing. We in the midwest don't see designs like it, just to conservative here. I notice that some of the material selection is "green" (not a big fan of that term). Is this something you take into account in you designs and construction?
    Derek

Mark, it's always a wonderful pleasure to see your work...and this is yet another excellent example that is even more complete due to your furniture being part of it.

And thanks for including the night shots, too. They really add a special sense to what this project is "about"...space, light, and time.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks for all the kind words! I enjoy doing this type of home and for me after all the years it is a honing of ideas that I have either tucked away or parts of other projects.... This comes with time and practice. I don't try something new every Monday as Mies once warned....I keep working on more or less similar things and refining. The house represents the time we live in and I think that is important. I am not trying to re create a period house or one from another time or place....it is not honest and it was already done better by others many years ago and many times over. This house is "Green" in its use of solar mass and energy consumption. It is about 3500 sf. It was a lot of fun for me and I got a chance to build some unique pieces and they seem to compliment my Architecture. As the song said..."I Did it My Way" and whether its your cup of tea or not...It is me! "Be yourself no matter what they say" from Sting "an Englishman in New York"

Thanks for all the support!
    BTW ...Photos by Jeri Koegel
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"