Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cherry Dining Set - Table/Benches

Excellent design and beautiful work. Won't it be just awesome when that wood turns that nice dark cherry color?!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Nick - the apron came with the table legs kit - and Matt - the waterlox - started with the sealer - then did 10 plus of the gloss finish and then final 2 in satin (I liked the satin better).

I just applied it with a rag - it is very easy to use.

3. Gail,
    Let me share with your what I see. In the first picture I see your shop that you moved into, or built with a stone wall and doors that are unique. No one could ever accuse them of being typical. Not conforming, to what others try to limit you to, is not your forte. One of my favorite sayings was when I was growing up, and I read in a Dennis the Menace comic strip, when they said to Dennis, "You can't do that" He replied, "Sure I can, it's easy" Creativity is not easily limited, and you appear to be breaking new ground.

In the second picture I see a respect for the beauty of nature. Sometimes the best thing to do is capture a window into natures creation, and make a statement of its importance, by not cluttering it up.

In the third shot, I want to hug the table. The color is that beautiful, warm and inviting. Cherry comes in different varieties and colors. Your choice of wood, and bringing out its natural beauty, with the size of the table, it makes it incredible. It doesn't need anything else.

The fourth shot is an indication of clean lines, and hand made quality craftsmanship.

My hat is off to you for a job well done. No matter what your customer wants to do with this table it will fit in. I can see blues, and reds blending very well with it. Greens and yellows will do as well. It is inviting color in accents in placemats. Or even a beautiful vase, with flowers, with surrounding accessories as a center piece. Or the whole table would make a nice crown to a beautiful rug underneath of it.
    I am totally enamored with the beauty of nature. It calms and reassures us. It makes us feel good. I could see those who will eat upon this table, having good meals, and digesting them well. I wish you well, keep up the good work.
    "Fine is the artist who loves his tools as well as his work."

Nice stones too

Gail,

Of course your table looks fantastic. I also like your stone wall. That's great that you get to spend so much time in the shop.

Sincerely,
    Ed Garrett
    Tallahassee

Wow, what a lovely post Bob. That's something else. I appreciate it.

Gail,

Fantastic work... as is always the case. The benches are a real nice idea, and much easier than building four chairs This will make a great addition to any dining room. Great job!