Thread: You sorry rascals!.................

You sorry rascals!.................

You know........one of the things that could prevent me from taking advantage of this... http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=63062 is the fact that I now want mustard, a large b/s and dust collection..............

Who'd thought I would end up working an extra 2 years because of you dubvious generosity?

The "XXXX" the gift that keeps on giving.............paying interest....to those who donated......

YOU SORRY RASCALS!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

It all depends on whether you want to work for yourself (turning all you want, selling all you can) and wait a little while to buy the goodies, or work for them and be severely limited in your turning time, and still wait a little while to buy those goodies. I retired from the state government because of privatization. I told them that I would rather starve than work for a slave contractor. Found out that I don't need to eat when I can be turning. And I don't care if it's 95 degrees and 90% humidity!

Ken as I told you I am going to a retirement seminar this Wednesday and Thursday. I hope they give me some good news. If not I will definitely go in 2. Ken only you and the LOYL can make that decision. I wish you the best in whatever it may be. Think about it my friend.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I say it is your own fault. If you would have taken up turning sooner you would already have your PM.
    Mike Vickery

Maybe the LOYL wiill supply the new condiments...just because it will keep you out of her hair...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

What a great delima to have, retire now or two years from now... Hmmm, by my conservative calculations, let's see, just paid off the last of my own college loans after collecting 4 degrees, got my debt down to just a house note with 12 years left, cars paid for, yep I can do it too. In about 14 years... Mand I should've started earlier.

Buy the PM on credit, make a committment to pay your way with the proceeds, retire now. No one will ever want the phrase "I just wish I'd worked more" on their headstone. Do it, I dare you!

Chris

Ken,
    if you can afford to jump on it and turn, sell your stuff and put the money maid away to pay for your mustard.

Bob

Its all the wants not the needs that cost us the most over time it seems. Heck if you retire, you won't need that mustard, keep what you have and create a list of all mustard owners then visit them for three days at a time. Heck, you get a visit, room and board, and a keepsake to take home. Then spend some time with the family then head off on another mustard adventure and spend another three days meeting, greeting, working with another mustard owner. See, simple, all in how you look at it!!!! Do what is best for you and yours.

I see so many people that hang on as long as they can before retiring,
    mostly because of financial & medical worries & that really makes for a
    difficult decision....but... if you wait 2 years you might get to old to turn!.
    But you know there's always free wood setting in my shop for the nice fella in Idaho....

Wow

Wow Ken. Great position to be in -- no matter how painful, it's always nice to have options. Run the numbers, list the pros and cons, and don't forget to weight the 'happiness' column very heavily. No matter what you pick, go for it and don't look back!

I retired in 1985 and have never looked back. I like this working when "I" want too. Fishing when "I" want too. Sleeping when "I" want too. Its a great life.

Retirement from working

Ken,
    Good luck on your decision. Congratulations on having the chance to make the decision. Someone else said the early retirement packages is the sign of a bottom line problem. I would agree with that observation.

Not knowing the particulars for your package, if it is in black and white now it is better than planning on them offering it again in the future. There isn't a guarantee they will be generous again.

A lot of good advice in this thread - you can always find more work, can't always find more time.

Also, I'll add - it's not getting what you want, it's wanting what you got.
    Genereate revenue from what you love and buy a PM.

My $.02