Thread: Steel City Customer Service

Steel City Customer Service

The Wixey battery is dead on my planer. I sent an e-mail and didn't hear back so I sent another. Steel City responded, sent me a new battery AND a brand new 10" saw blade for my trouble.
    I think that is very good customer service

I'm very impressed with Steel City. I met some of their people at a WoodWorks show. They were very friendly and helpful. The Steel City products look good as well, but I don't know how they compare since I haven't used very many of the current tools.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Steel City tools

I am very impressed with my bechtop mortiser made by Steel City.I have had it a couple of months with no problems what so ever. I called cutomer service once with a question about the bits that came with mortiser, were very friendly and were able to answer question qickly. The manual that came with the mortiser was a plus too, I am tierd of buying equipment that has manuals put togeather w/drawings that you cannot read, Steel City manual had photographs that were clear and manual reads easy.

Quote Originally Posted by "Michael Hinkel" View Post
    The Wixey battery is dead on my planer. I sent an e-mail and didn't hear back so I sent another. Steel City responded, sent me a new battery AND a brand new 10" saw blade for my trouble.
    I think that is very good customer service
    SCTW is one company that prides themselves on their customer service and personal contact. You won't go through a phone tree to get to a real person on the other end of the phone.

Michael, if you had called their 800 number, you might have gotten Scott Box on the phone; he's the VP USA for SCTW. When the battery went dead on our planer, LOML called and Scott was answering the customer service line while the regular guy was at lunch! He send us two batteries and another digital gauge just for backup.

We had a great time in Las Vegas at AWFS with Scott, Tom Guertin (sales), Mark (president), Jim (VP Canada), and some other other Canadian guys. They came to our Creeker party, hung around for about an hour and bought a round of drinks. They are a bunch of the nicest guys you will ever want to meet. They know their products, they know manufacturing, they know customer service, and most of all, they know what they are doing. They've (most of them) been with Delta for a number of years and know how they want to do things differently than Delta does.

I'm surprised about the lack of response to the e-mail, unless it was sent late at night or during the AWFS, when most of the Murfreesboro crowd was in Vegas.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of SCTW and their machines. If I lived in Tennessee, I'd probably have a job, as both Scott and Tom told LOML and me that we're their "best salesmen" because we are ALWAYS talking up Steel City.
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php