Thread: I Hate Cold Weather

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I Hate Cold Weather

We live south of the Mason/Dixon line but with the temperature holding in the twenties for days on end not far enough south. The cold bothers my arthritis and makes a waterfall out of my nose. Did I tell you I hate cold weather? The pictures showing on an adjacent thread sent a chill right to my bones.

Made a terrible mistake this year and went to Tampa, FLA. right after Christmas. There the daytime temperature was holding in the high 70's, night time in the low 60's. Upon returning home my wife and I both went into a depression.

Anyway, the point of this story is the shop is so cold I haven't spent more than 15 minuets at a time in it since before Christmas. Yes, I heat it with two kerosene heaters but it takes three hours to heat up to a comfortable temperature. By the time it has heated up I've either lost interest or my wife has found something else for me to do.

Just went outside to get the paper. It's snowing and 23 degrees. Did I tell you I hate Cold Weather?

Some might ask why stay here and the answer to that is two lovely granddaughters live close. There is another grandchild on the way. We don't want to live that far away from them.
    Last edited by Richard Gillespie; 01-24-2004 at 10:41 AM.
    Possumpoint