Thread: Picture of some snow

Picture of some snow

This is a picture of a little snow.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bob Weisner; 01-22-2004 at 3:58 PM.

Smile

Hi Bob, Where do you live? I have never seen snow like that. Thank goodness. Pete
    Pete Lamberty

The picture is from Labrador, Canada. I did not know that they got that much snow up there. Glad I only have 20 to 25 degrees below zero a couple of times during the winter. Looks like it gets really cold there!!!

Thanks,

Bob

My labrador loves snow....I better not show him this picture ...he will jump through my laptop
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Snow is great!!!

However, most of you likely wouldn't enjoy this (photo below).

This was taken at Christmas up in Lake Louise (near Banff) in the Canadian Rockies. Quite amazing to be out and obout in that temperature. Car tires have flat spot in them from sitting over night, the snow crunches underfoot, and it is absolutely still - no wind at all (thank goodness)

It was a wise man who once said "Chop your own wood for it will warm you twice."

Brian

No offense but. . .

there must be some reason why people would live there - --
    I just don't have a clue what that would be.

It's been freezing here in the Philadelphia PA area for weeks - lots of near 0 & sub 0 wind chill days. I hate the cold with a passion. Haven't been out in the shop for weeks, at least partially due to the cold. 6" - 8" of snow called for over the next few days - which with the way the weather guys have been doing lately could mean nothing or 2'! Been trying to convince LOML to move down to the Carolinas for years but so far I've barely put a dent in her resolve to stay here.

COME ON SPRING!!
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

A buddy of mine lived in Newfoundland.....He has shown me some pics of snow where you can't see his house....just a snow tunnel dug out to get to the car in the driveway and a tunnel from the driveway to the road.......I guess you could say that his house was "insulated"....
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Tom,

Attached are a few of the reasons why we live up here where it gets cold.
    -40 is truly an exception to the normal temperatures.

Brian

Brian,

No doubt that's real purty - but I still couldn't live there. That list pic doesn't look so bad - maybe I'll visit in the summer
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Believe me it was pretty darn nice to go south for Xmas to visit the outlaws (inlaws?) in St. Pete's, Florida. Wore shorts the entire 10 days. There is something to be said for warm weather.

Kinda hard to golf in the snow, ya know?

Brian