Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday August 10th, 2007

"GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"

WOW! What a week this has been. We finally got some rain and it's been enough that I haven't had to drag the hose around. Almost 5 inches, thankfully not all at once. A little too late for most of the corn in this area though, I think.

I'm doing the "Doin'" thread a wee bit early this morning as I work part time for a local car dealer doing dealer trades. I'm off on one today that will take me to Kenosha [I'll drop another guy off there to pick up a vehicle] and then I continue on to Matteson, IL. I'll swap a GMC Acadia for another Acadia with different options and different color. I'm hoping I can be on the way back by 1 PM so I can beat the inevietable Friday traffic that heads for the woods of Wisconsin. I'll be driving close to 600 miles today.

Weather is hot and humid again around here which makes doing much in the shop rather unbearable, so I think I'll just stay indoors this weekend. Football has started again and the "Pack" takes on the "Steelers" Saturday night. I don't usually get all that excited about pre-season games, but the "Steelers" was our son Joe's favorite team, so we'll be watching.

How's that project coming that you're working on? Are you going to get some shop time to get some more done or maybe even finish it? Or will you be heading out to the great outdoors for some fun? Hey Al, when you heading down the Muddy and up the Wisconsin in your boat?

Whatever you're up to make it enjoyable and most importantly SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

i had a gig trimming new houses in matteson last year..

going to the auto mall?

Started spraying all the cabinet doors last night so I'll continue to work on that. If I can get the last little bit of drywall work done I'll probably be installing them within a week. One of my brothers is coming into town tonight for a Sunday morning triathalon, so we'll be spending the day with him tomorrow. Sunday if the doors are finished, I'll probably start on my drill press table.

Blog Entries
    Walls are up on the new shop. Temps here in NW Kentucky hit 100 yesterday with a heat index of 113. Starting on roof this weekend. Working outside is no fun these last few days.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Headed north than down south for the week. Hi to all the
    Creekers in Texas.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Tyler, What part of Texas?

I have to work 5 hours Sat., then it's back to the bench tops to start on the "fence" and tops. We may have our first 100 degree day of the year today! Been a very unusual summer for us. But I'm not complaining. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Same stuff, different day for me. Gonna be spending all day today and tomorrow in the laser shop and/or at the lathe. Sunday is still up for grabs. Have lots to do, so I'd better get to it. Have a good weekend everyone.

Nancy (133 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Talking

Drive safely Karl!

I'm driving close to 300 miles myself. I'm going for a weekend in Las Vegas
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Don, take a personal AC with you - it's dxxxxd HOT in Vegas!!!

Nancy (133 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Sharon's been gone for over a month. She got home Tuesday evening. I haven't seen her "Honey Do" list posted yet......

Maybe Saturday go to Spokane Woodcraft for another set of jaws for my SN2 chuck.

Start cleaning the shop......get ready to complete it.......

Crunch numbers and maybe apply for the early retirement package depending on what we come up with........
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I brought up the boat and this weekend in the same sentace Karl and the Shebeast gave ma the "LOOK" you know, the "you may think your gonna galavant all over the place playing with that new boat of yours, but let me tell you what your really gonna do" look...

So, me being the man of the house, I just looked at her and in my most manly voice said....yes dear....what ever you say.

Looked like I actually have to finished the window I started a month ago and the storage cabinet is almost done for the third or fouth time now so that'll get worked on, also the car port we bought will get started this week end, it came with instructions so I'm in trouble...

This might be two weeks straight with out cleaning, I may definetly need a support group by next monday, maybe I can sneak a bit of cleaning in Sunday.

Karl....HELP!!!!

btw interstate 35 headed south is under construction, so I probably won't make it to your place Karl...but hope springs eternal..

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Angry Searching

This weekend will be spent looking for our lost 4 legged family member. Please see thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=63273 in the off topic forum.

Thank You All
    Alan
    Support SMC, become a Contributor.

Blog Entries
    Will be playing handyman this weekend. The wife and I will be heading to our son and his wifes new home Friday after work to begin to "renovate" things that need "renovating" before they have to move out of their current apartment and into the home. They have a few weeks left. This weekends main focus will be some drywall and spackling. Also on the agenda for the immedaite future is painting and hardwood floor refinishing. We should be busy pretty much through the majority of the weekend, returning sometime late Sunday morning. Our son has never really had a need to be a handyman or have any knowledge associated with such a lofty term, but I get to play one this weekend and also play teacher so that he can begin to pick up that knowledge.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Blog Entries
    Hi Karl,

I'm going to finish off the whittling of the little pegs for mom's little birthday box and do the first stage of the glue-up.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I am awaiting the arrival of my saw and EZ system so I can start my adirondack chairs.

BTW Karl, GO STEELERS!
    BE ALERT! The world needs more lerts.