Thread: more KAPEX videos

more KAPEX videos

noticed this on one of the other forums:

http://www.idealtools.com.au/category55_1.htm

It sounds like an alien from a sci-fi movie when it starts - like a big cricket or something.

a big alien cricket with LOTS of cash to burn...

What does that compute to US dollars?

Richard

It doen't compute very well because we generally have lower prices in the US. Most Kapex US price estimates range from a low of about $800 to a high of about $1200.

It will be a pricey bugger. But then again, most Festools are pricey buggers.

Dan.
    It's amazing what you can accomplish in the 11th hour, 59 minute of any project. Ya just have to keep your eye on the goal.

I've been waiting for a good review of the Kapex to come out, there are a few reviews out there....But they seem to be from people who wouldn't know what a good SCMS really is! Oh well, we will see next year when it comes to the US.

Does this mean that the Festhooligans are getting tired of playing with their dominos already?

Gary K. ( only kidding ...no spanking please from Festool Police)
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 08-11-2007 at 11:48 AM.

Its a nice looking tool and the movies were especially interesting. I am just trying to figure out why I would want the variable speed feature.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    Its a nice looking tool and the movies were especially interesting. I am just trying to figure out why I would want the variable speed feature.
    Once you've tried a variable speed saw, you really come to appreciate it. The biggest advantage is when cutting plastics, but even when cutting different types of wood, the variable speed allows you to optimize the blade speed to the type of material.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    That is a very good question. I can't remember when or if I wanted my SCMS to go faster or slower. I'm only a hobbyist so my saw rarely leaves it's post on the miter saw center. Most of my sawing is to break down stock for other operatoins. 95% of my mitering and crosscutting is done on my table saw.
    Maybe it would be something for the person who uses it in the field for everything. The dust control of the kapex might be beneficial to someone who uses it in someone's home or uses it daily in his shop. I personally don't use mine enough to justify it, and my saw is only 20 years old and is working fine.
    Gary K.

If it fries eggs I want one.

I really liked tha "Smart Bevel"... Is there anyone else making anything similar???