Thread: Shollow Turning

Shollow Turning

Sadly, Bill Grumbine has been removed form this forum for speaking his piece. I also understand that Chis Burton has also been removed for defending Bill.

If anyone knows Chris's email address, please have him email me turner@simplyturning.com

There is a chance that I will be next, so before that happens I would like to say that I think there are a great bunch of people on SMC. I never posted much here, the reason, I never really cared for this forum's polices and the way one moderator handles things. But that is another story.

IMO, the idea of a forum is for like minded people to have a place to gather and communicate. Share their ideas, To ask for and give advise. When the TOS inhibits the flow of ideas and information, then it needs to be reviewed and updated.

Ken I respect the fact that you are the owner here and have the finial word. I also know that moderating forums is a difficult and thankless job. Three moderators voiced their opinion... you back the one that was wrong.

I think it's time for you to reconsider.

Ron,

I'll see that Chris gets your email address.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Bill got kicked off this forum????? I totally missed that, is there a thread about it, or can some one fill me in? He is some one that although I have never met him, I have a lot of respect for him.
    robo hippy

You heard it here Reed

After reading farther into the forum, I got an answer. I am surprised that the thread Bill started, to talk about it was closed.
    robo hippy

Ron....Since you posted your email address, I passed it on to Chris.

BTW....Bill's membership has been reinstated at the request of Andy Hoyt.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thank You Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Sardo View Post
    For those who are wondering...

Bill told Kieth that "he was acting like a petulant child in his conduct of the whole thing"

Then Kieth baned Bill again.

Bill is gone for good and has no plans on returning to this forum.
    I spoke to soon, Bill is gone again
    Last edited by Ron Sardo; 08-12-2007 at 9:01 AM.

sad situation

This is really a sad situation,Bill answered my last post with some good info, it may have been the last post he made with with out knowing it. If that is the way it ends it is truely a sad situation. Wally

Mountains out of molehills. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Diplomacy is the art of compromise.
    Even though it's Sunday, the temperature is going up to 95 and about the same with the humidity, I'm going to go down to the shop (read studio) and do some turning because my wood never judges, it just goes round and round.
    I truly enjoy all the forums and all the discussions this one is beyond my understanding.

This is ashame, I stayed out of the other post as it was way to heated for me. But I will miss Bill, I took a class from him and have recieved valuable feed back from him on the forum. Knowing the kind of guy Bill is I am sure he did not mean to break any rules with his post. I will stay here as I respect everybody here but I feel we lost something special.

Bob