Thread: Impromptu Creeker-Now visit-Update.

Impromptu Creeker-Now visit-Update.

I have an evening meal set up with a fellow Creeker for this evening. Forgot to ask him if he would mind if others came, but I somehow don't think he would mind. I'd hate to feel guilty later for keeping him all to myself. So if you are in Fort Worth, and are available for supper around 6:00 tonight, tentatively at Angelos BBQ, PM me for details. Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 08-14-2007 at 9:33 PM. Reason: Update title
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Jim, I don't think anyone would mind, especally if you picked up the check. Heck, I might even venture up from Houston.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Cecil, if the gas for the drive up here wouldn't bother you, the meal out shouldn't either!
    Well, sorry this was such quick notice. I'll post pictures with the mystery guest from the north later this evening! How's that for a tease??? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Well, I'm sorry no one else was able to get together on such short notice, but I got to have a great 2 1/2 hour visit with Tyler Howell this evening! Tyler is in Fort Worth for a business conference/meeting/strategy session and was kind enough to take the early evening off to spend with me. We ate some BBQ, then went out to the house and shop to spend a little time. It was great to learn more about the man behind the picture police badge and his work.
    And all those that talk about how great Creeker visits are, are right. It was a great time. Maybe next time we can get a few more of the local clan together for a bigger meeting, and have even more fun!
    And yes, there is a picture to prove it. Tyler may post one when he gets back home Friday with one of the dogs on the sofa with us, but here is the one I have:DSCN1647.jpg (note: the child in the background is not mine!!! He is one of my wife's music students. )
    If you get a chance to spend some time with Tyler, make time to do it. He is a gentleman and a fascinating individual. Jim.

Glad to see Tyler venturing out of state , seeing some different scenery, and visiting fine folks

Jim........you lucky duck!..........He's on my short list......speaking of short.....Tyler you look so much taller .....sitting down!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Tyler you look so much taller .....sitting down!
    Hehe. Tylers in Texas. Everythings supposed to be bigger there.

Yeah, Ken. I told my wife the same thing. There are a lot of Creekers I'd like to meet, but there are 5 to 10 that I'd go out of my way to meet, and Tyler was (is!) one of them. Jim.

Hey, I recognize that guy!!!! 'Glad you had a nice time.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Hey Hey Guy's,
    Finally back swimming in the Creek.
    Been on the run for two weeks but I had a wonderful visit with Jim and family. The dogs greeted me as well
    Great conversation and food, Got to see Jim's shop which wasn't 1/2 bad temps, wise with 100-105* temps all week in FT Worth.
    Great shop Jim. Going to be s super work space.
    Thanks for the Texas size hospitality.
    I got bigger in Texas with some of the great food ......Oh Boy>>>>
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

Another memeber of Jim's family

Finally emptied my camara.
    Thanks again for the visit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Thanks Tyler. Just remember, next time down, save the Mexican food appetite and it's my treat at Uncle Julio's! And I should have unleashed the gagle of setters on Tyler, as it was, Dalton was the only one loose in the main house. The others just barked hello from the bedroom! Jim.