Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your best

Post your best

Post your best work.
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 08-14-2007 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Removed link to web site.

I can't see your photos.

Wow. This is a little self gratifying for a first post. OR it is spam to get people to visit his website listing canoes for sell. All of us often post photos and let others judge the quality of the work.....
    America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    C. S. Lewis

ok ill bite..

its a little bookshelf i made for my daughter:

solid red oak top/shelf/bottom/FF
    red oak ply sides/back
    the kid picked the colors

its not the most technically challenging thing ive done, but its the best beacuse i made my daughter happy with it and she doesnt care that i bradnailed the moulding around the top and filled the holes with stained sawdust.

Use your real name please, according to TOS
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Kraft View Post
    Use your real name please, according to TOS
    That name looks at least as real as yours or mine.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    That name looks at least as real as yours or mine.
    It was not his last name. The name of his company was littlebear canoes. It was a company name. Not a big deal, but this site has done a nice job avoiding spam, I personally have not probelm with contributing members posting things for sale, but to come over just post an add with nothing to contiibute is spam.
    America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

C. S. Lewis

8. There's a good chance Mr Littlebear is of American Indian heritage - I had a couple of friends w/ the last name Littlebear in southern Oklahoma.

Dangerous to call someone out on their name when you don't know for sure it's not.
    GO POKES!!

Littlebear is also a relatively common Navajo name in NM and AZ, and American Indians make a lot of canoes. Kyle, I think you jumped the gun a little on this one.

Nancy (129 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Quote Originally Posted by James Phillips View Post
    It was not his last name. The name of his company was littlebear canoes. It was a company name. Not a big deal, but this site has done a nice job avoiding spam, I personally have not probelm with contributing members posting things for sale, but to come over just post an add with nothing to contiibute is spam.
    Phillips Petroleum was a company name, too, before they merged with Conoco. Does that mean James Phillips is not your real name?

FWIW, I know his first name is Ralph and he goes by Little Bear on another forum where he is highly regarded by the way. Whether that's his real last name, I'm not sure but I have to assume it is since that's how he registered here.

The gestapo attitude being adopted by some members of this forum is disgusting. Accomplished woodworkers should be welcomed here for their potential contributions instead of being immediately accused of violating the sacred TOS without any more proof than a suspicious mind.

Edit In: The forum that Littlebear frequents had a similar thread to the one he just proposed here. It is very interesting viewing other's best works and there are some very fine pieces displayed there.
    Last edited by Cody Colston; 08-14-2007 at 4:57 PM.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Regardless of last name authenticity...... I've been pondering starting a thread like this for awhile. The flaming tool wars got me thinking about something other than brand bashing & one "uppityness".... anywho I need not digress any further. Then again Per said it better (as he always seems to!) in his OTF post on the tool subject anyway.....

How about us Creekers getting on board with the idea of sharing pics of your favorite project? Granted, my favorite project to date has yet to have the doors hung (curly maple, ambrosia & some spalted maple woods used to make an armoir...well kind of one anyway, then again I haven't ordered the hinges either . So, maybe this will serve as my motivation to buy some hinges and finalize the favorite to date..... as we all know with no pics it hasn't yet to happen.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by James Phillips View Post
    It was not his last name. The name of his company was littlebear canoes. It was a company name.
    Oh right: obviously nobody would ever name their own company after themselves.

Sheesh.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I've noticed several threads lately where Kyle has raised the issue of "real" names. We have Tyler Howell as the picture "police." Has Kyle now become the "name police." Just curious.

And Lee, you are absolutely right: no one would ever name their own company after themselves, would they?

Nancy (129 days)

(By the way, D&N stands for David and Nancy - we own our company--named after ourselves. Did we commit a faux pas???)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Greg, not a bad idea as I had almost forgotten what this thread was started for. (And I thought EBay was the place to snipe.)

Here's my latest, a campaign chest, just out of the shop and waiting for a piece of glass to serve as an end table.

Roy
    Attached Images Attached Images

For the record, I visitied his site before I posted. The company name is "Little Bear Canoe Company" (not Littlebear). This makes me believe it is not his last name. I posted this to defend the other individual, since I had checked on it. I personally could careless what name someone post under. For the ones who think I had jumped to conclusions I had done some checking before posting. He also has pictures of himself, and I would bet he is not native American. I love to post pictures of work and to see others pictures, however to me this guy was clearly soliciting business. He did not post a picutre, he posted a link to a site selling canoes. Just my opinion on the matter.

Sorry if my previous (or this one) post came across the wrong way
    Last edited by James Phillips; 08-14-2007 at 6:11 PM.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

C. S. Lewis