Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday August 17th, 2007

"GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Well, as this week comes to a close, summer is winding down. Just a couple more weeks before school starts again. Where did the summer go.

We're now getting the rain that we so desperately needed back in June and July. My grass is trying to make up for lost time I think. I mowed the hay field Sunday and again yesterday. It had grown about 3 inches in just four days. Will I ever be happy. I think not.

I'm going to work on my DC ductwork some more, as we are supposed to have a wet weekend. I'm in the process of running a line over to my RAS & CMS. I still have to build a collection box for each, but that shouldn't take too long.

So what's on the agenda for the weekend? What ever it may be I can only hope that it's something you enjoy doing, or at least a chore that must be done, like mowing.

Enjoy whatever it is and make it SAFE!!

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

I'm going to work on my wife's shed and attend my granddaughter's 3rd birthday. (They grow up faster than our own kids did.)
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 08-17-2007 at 4:41 PM. Reason: Thread moved so text unnecessary
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Saturday, I may take the older to see Robert Tarr's wife do her own horsie thing...her riding type is quite intricate and I think Nastia would enjoy it; then we have some swimming and something off the grill at a friends. Sunday, I hope to get back in the shop to at least do a "practice run" on vacuum veneering for the door panels on my vanity project.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

See a few old friends, do some woodturning, and sweat like heck.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 08-17-2007 at 10:03 AM. Reason: language

Laser 83 plaques for the New Mexico State Fair - $$$$ - batch of name tags, batch of pen boxes, batch of parts engraving, turn some pens, sit in the shop for two days and surf the Creek.

Have a good 'un, everyone.

Nancy (126 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Still dealing with the tree that fell on the house/car/truck/boat last weekend, slowly getting back in shape.
    We find out if they total the wife's car today, and still have the roof and siding to deal with.
    Boat was the only thing that made it out OK, just some scratches and scuff marks on the cover...whew!

Will finally drag the storage cabinet from heck into the house this weekend, and try to do a bit of cleaning before attacking what's left of the tree, and then the backyard that the tree gouged up.

Ya all have a better weekend than I'm going to..

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

9 more hours before the weekend starts! Yea!!
    I'll be working on installing the remaining multistation torsion box levellers. I did one side last night after work, will do the others tonight most likely, then I need to glue down some small laminate pieces where the bolt heads hit instead of grinding against the MDF. I cut those all out last night and marked one side. Once this is all done, I will start the process of getting the 2 tops co-planer with the TS. Then I will look at the RAS to see if it will go in this spot or not, and if so, what kind of modifications the RAS will require to make it happen. I need to start designing the future router table as I think that that will be my next major build.
    Temperature is moderating here this weekend, little rain in the forecast, all because of the tropical depression that hit the gulf. Then we'll see if the hurricane that is headed this way will impact us next week! Have a good and safe weekend everyone! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

My weekend won't be until Monday...

But I'll enjoy it when it gets here. I'll be working Saturday and Sunday as per every weekend from April through September... gotta love state parks. I doubt I'll get any shop time until SWMBO leaves for work on Monday. She'll have a list for me. I'll be sweating continuously for the next two and a half days.

Dusty