Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta 1.5 HP Dust Collector at Lowes

Delta 1.5 HP Dust Collector at Lowes

If any one in the Seattle area is in need of a dust collection system, Lowes in Everett has 2 left, Marysville has 1. They're on clearance for $196.00. I picked one up the other day. No one at the Everett store knew where the were, I called them about three times because the store closest to my house said they had three. Finally they located them over on aisle 62 way up on top of the highest shelf. Unbeatable price for the 50-760 .

Almost forgot. The Lowe's item number is 202439. If you call or go to the store they'll probably tell you they don't know what you're talking about. Give them the item #, go over to aisle 62 and point to it. They'll have to get the forklift out, meanwhile you can pay for it over at Customer Service.

Interesting -- the Lowe's web site doesn't show the 1.5 HP collector.
    Maybe I'll have to go on a field trip....

Thanks for the point-out.

-Tom H. Ventura, CA

I got mine there about 1 month ago for $206 I think.I went to Bellevue.They had to dig deep to find one, back in storage.They did have a floor model there but it was mislabeled as the 1 hp.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tom Henderson2 View Post
    Interesting -- the Lowe's web site doesn't show the 1.5 HP collector.
    Maybe I'll have to go on a field trip....

Thanks for the point-out.

-Tom H. Ventura, CA
    Tom...

As of a couple of days ago, the Ventura Lowes still had a 50-760 1.5HP dust collector. I tried to purchase it a couple of weeks ago on a $100 price match to the Morehead City, NC Lowes. At the time, the Ventura store had marked the price down to $231, and the sales manager at the time refused to go below that price. I wound up getting it from another Lowes store in the area for $100. However, when I checked back a couple of days later, they'd moved it to the front of the store near the Customer Service counter and lowered the price to $150.

I checked back a couple of days ago, and the DC has been moved to the aisle between Hardware and Tiles - the box has been opened, so I don't know if someone has removed anything or not. (It still looked packed to me...) You may be able to get it in its present condition for $75...

...Scott

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to get one this evening. In case anyone is interested, the Lowe's in Stockbridge, GA still had 2 more. The employees there thought they had none, but I found them on aisle 18 in the top storage (way up above everything else).

Also, there is a rebate for $30. The form is downloadable from amazon at http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/image...V23956219_.pdf

As far as I can tell, it should work for purchases from Lowe's, as it only specified that it must have been bought at an authorized retailer. I would assume Lowe's counts.

I also bought one of these about 3 months ago, from Lowes. They had it marked down as "clearance" to $160. Couldn't find a boxed one, so I bought the floor model and got them to come down to $130. It had everything, the box was nearby.

I have found that Lowes is often willing to do this, if you get the tool area honcho maybe? , but I've been able to buy display /clearance stuff for huge savings (just bought a Delta 950L drill press for $230...)

None in Houston

I have called all the Houston locations and no one has any left . This afternoon I will start calling other locations in Texas, I figure I could drive a bit to pick up this deal.

Blog Entries
    I picked this dust collector up at Lowe's back in January for $249. They had no idea that it was even on the floor or in their system. According to the tool manager, they became a non-stock item in October 2006, so they can easily get lost on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Marcoux View Post
    I have called all the Houston locations and no one has any left . This afternoon I will start calling other locations in Texas, I figure I could drive a bit to pick up this deal.
    Ryan,
    When I called yesterday, they said they didn't think they had it. I had to go down there and look for myself to find they had three of them. Might be worth a look...

I called and visited the Lowe's in Middletown, PA. They said they had none when I called so I drove there and asked the tools department manager and looked all over the store. No dice.

I may check a few other locations in the area just for fun even though I don't really need one.
    The day you think you know everything will be very same day you stop learning.

50-760

Just snagged one tonight in Ponca City, OK about 25 miles away. They price matched it at like $196.xx. Plus the rebate I'll send in, WHAT A DEAL!! Thanks to those on this forum for the heads up.

Been wanting a dust collector. Just went to the local Aliso Viejo, CA Lowes with the Lowes number stated above. The guy, who looked exactly like Santa, scanned the computer for that number and no matches came back. He said they had none in stock, that it was an out of stock item. I asked him to search other stores, same results. So I ask where they usually store them and he walked me to that isle. Sure enough there it was. So I told him about the other stores selling it for less, he calls his manager on the phone and tells him I want to price match an out of stock item that is listed for $196. Manager says $150. Nice deal.
    Last edited by Grant Vanbokklen; 06-02-2007 at 11:58 PM.

Got It!!

On Friday, I went to my local store and looked around but did not find one so I asked the tool guy and he looked it up on his computer. The store that was about 10 miles away showed that they had one on hand so I rushed over there and I found it on the top rack in a random isle. I went to the customer service desk and told them that I wanted to buy the DC and that I have been told that they have been sold for $100 at other locations and the manager said OK, I will have someone pull it down for you. I was all prepared to argue with her to get it for so cheep but she did not resist at all! Thanks for giving me the heads up on this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delta 50-760

I'm glad others here at the Creek were able to get a good buy on the Delta DC. I was able to get a great deal on a Frued saw blade from a someone that posted there good deal also.