Thread: "The Power of The Press"

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

"The Power of The Press"

Last night I went to the local Applebees resturant to eat dinner after a long hard day being on TV at 5:00 am, working on both the computer and the phone most of the day promoting the program and returning messages left on my answering machine after the TV airing and the newspaper article.

I made a 3" button using Aaron's artwork and was wearing that on my shirt. Six (8) indivdual people said they saw the story and between them donated $80.00. .

Believe it if you will, one of these people purchased a pen/pencil set from me at my last Craft Show in December which she sent to her Son in California. She asked me to autograph her copy of the newspaper to send to him - cool huh ??

So, get out in your community - spread the word - ask for donations, etc.

Here is a link to a PDF file which is the front page of the Huntsville Times. The entire article can't be seen since it was continued on a second page, but it may give ya some ideas on spreding the word. I am searching the Times' website to see if I can capture the rest of the story.

http://www.al.com/huntsvilletimes/pageone/friday.pdf
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Here is a link to a PDF file which is the front page of the Huntsville Times. The entire article can't be seen since it was continued on a second page, but it may give ya some ideas on spreding the word. I am searching the Times' website to see if I can capture the rest of the story.

http://www.al.com/huntsvilletimes/pageone/friday.pdf
    Ken,
    For some reason I could not get your pdf file to open. I went to the website and found your story though.

See if this link will work:

Kenn
    "When you come to the fork in the road, TAKE IT" - Yogi Berra

Great article Ken, and may I thank you for the Yeoman's work you're doing on this project. I'm ramping up and hope to be turning out pens by this week, just waiting on tools and supplies.

ace

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Alkinburgh
    Great Noah - I haven't had the time to search all the media outlet sites that I have been involved with - Glad ya found it !!!

Maybe people can take this story to their local papers who could massage it to show you participation and get the ball rolling for you and the program.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Ken,
    The article in the Hunstville Times was great. Only one tiny problem. The link they put at the bottom of the article is incorrect. They put:
    sawmillcreek.com instead of .org.
    I clicked on it and got a whole different web site.
    Kenn

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn Hill
    Ken,
    The article in the Hunstville Times was great. Only one tiny problem. The link they put at the bottom of the article is incorrect. They put:
    sawmillcreek.com instead of .org.
    I clicked on it and got a whole different web site.
    Kenn
    They corrected the mistake in the afternoon edition

I now have the article on my web site with the correct link

Ken,
    Where is the article? I couldn't find it. Can you put the link here?
    Kenn

But did you have one of your hand-crafted pens to sign the autograph with?
    Rusty Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn Hill
    Ken,
    Where is the article? I couldn't find it. Can you put the link here?
    Kenn
    here ya go:
    http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/newsarticle.htm

Looks Goooood!!!

Kenn