Thread: I Love Summer (When it's like this)

I Love Summer (When it's like this)

Woke up this morning to 53 Degrees Crisp Clear and just outstanding. I can't wait for Fall.

I woke up this morning with the heater running. Looked at the outdoor temp, it was in the mid thirties. Looks like Fall is around the corner, where's my long johns?
    David B

I woke up this morning. That alone was a miracle... (thanks to a nice double latté) But seriously, it is a nice crisp morning today, even here in SE PA. 'Will be able to air things out a bit...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I woke up to 88 degrees and its now 95 at 9:15. Well at least it isn't supposed to hit 110 today. 70 degrees here feels like your 50s once you acclimate.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Don't know what it was this morning but it's 83 right now.

I turned on the shop swamp cooler yesterday to cool the shop down for today... I'm ready for cooler weather.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I kind of wish we still had summer, after all we rarely get more than 60 days a year of warm sunny weather. This morning 53 and cloudy, now up to 66.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Don't know what it was this morning but it's 83 right now.

I turned on the shop swamp cooler yesterday to cool the shop down for today... I'm ready for cooler weather.
    About 87 up here on the hill, Bruce, at shortly after noon. Need to put your shop swamp cooler on a thermostat--then it will stay cool whenever you get the urge to go out and work.

I hope it stays relatively pleasant today. We're eating "out" tonight with grilled burgers, etc., and it would be nice not to melt into the chairs!!

Nancy (125 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

About 1000 here. Humidity so high the meters all rusted and no longer read. But seriously, I knew I had lumber to unload, so I turned on the a/c in the shop about 8 AM. Got 125 BF of oak back to the shop about 1 PM, opened the overhead door, and by the time two of us got it unloaded, stacked and stickered and the door shut, my TS and jointer had both grown a light coat of rust! It was NOT that cold in the shop, maybe 78, but the flat tops all had condensation on them. Of course, we may have a hurricane to cool things down a bit in about a week :-)

All I can do is think back to Dec., Jan., Feb., etc. when I watch all those stories about the blizzards and sub-zero temps up North, and I can deal with my chosen locale.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird View Post
    Need to put your shop swamp cooler on a thermostat--then it will stay cool whenever you get the urge to go out and work.

Nancy (125 days)
    I have the heater on a thermostat, does that count?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I have the heater on a thermostat, does that count?
    Nope!!

Nancy (125 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Crawford View Post
    About 1000 here. Humidity so high the meters all rusted and no longer read. But seriously, I knew I had lumber to unload, so I turned on the a/c in the shop about 8 AM. Got 125 BF of oak back to the shop about 1 PM, opened the overhead door, and by the time two of us got it unloaded, stacked and stickered and the door shut, my TS and jointer had both grown a light coat of rust! It was NOT that cold in the shop, maybe 78, but the flat tops all had condensation on them. Of course, we may have a hurricane to cool things down a bit in about a week :-)

All I can do is think back to Dec., Jan., Feb., etc. when I watch all those stories about the blizzards and sub-zero temps up North, and I can deal with my chosen locale.
    I hear ya Greg!!!!! Same here and I'm wishing for late fall/winter.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Where my folks live, they have set a record for number of consecutive days over 100 with no rain and no relief in sight. I could not pick a worse time to visit. Welcome to hell.

No amount of snow, ice, or wind chill will ever torment me the way summer heat does.

I woke up this morning and it was raining cats and dogs. Seems that Tropical Storm Erin regenerated over OKlahoma last night and dumped 7-10 inches of rain on the central part of the state from about 1:00am until 8:00am. It even included 50-85mph winds. Today was nice, it stayed pretty cool all day. Tommorrow is going to be back in the ninties but that's ok. I still prefer hot over cold.

Eddie