Thread: Denali 30-Piece Bar Clamp Assortment

Denali 30-Piece Bar Clamp Assortment

I recently purchased the Denali 30-Piece Bar Clamp Assortment from Amazon while it was on sale, getting it for $85. I wanted to share with you my thoughts on it now that I've used some of the clamps.

These clamps really do seem as cheap as you might expect considering the cost.

Contrary to the Amazon description saying otherwise, they do not have clutches. I contacted Amazon about this, and they refunded me $20 and said they'd correct the product description. That was a week or so ago, and so far the description has not been updated.

Also, the pads on the head are very prone to falling off, as the lip that is supposed to keep them on is way too small.

Of course the most important issue is how they perform as clamps. I find they are serviceable, but not comparable to others I've used by any stretch. The bars, although just as thick and wide as others, are very flexible. With moderate clamping pressure the bars start to yield quite noticeably. I don't know what the ultimate negative effect of this might be, but it doesn't seem like a good thing. On the larger clamps, this tendancy seems moderate and passable. However, on the smaller ones, like the 12", the bar bends so much you'd think it was made of rubber.

The other inexpensive clamps I've used are the ones made by Columbian. I feel that they are a much better clamp than these.

All in all, since I ended up paying only $65 for these, I'm satisfied that they can earn their keep and be worth having. However, had I much more money invested in them, certainly the $120 "normal" price, I would most deffinately return them.

Thanks for posting the info Steve. Since WW's are always looking for clamps, these reviews can come in handy, indeed.
    Gary K.