Thread: WOOD Magazine - lousy service

WOOD Magazine - lousy service

Has anyone else had horrible service from Wood Magazine? I tried their subscription for a year, never got a special publication that was part of the package, had other billing issues, and I found their magazine sorely inadequate and so I finally cancelled last month.

I never got a refund that their automated cancellation service said I would get, and now they still list my account as active. So I went to cancel again, and it says I did so last month. Well no kiddin'!

They have also reconfigured their customer service contact info and now there appears to be no contact info for customer service (I just found it in the magazine which is about all it was good for). I emailed the editors about this when I cancelled and got zero response. At this point I feel like they just have a little game to keep you on the line like AOL got busted for doing several years ago. ("sure we'll cancel you", only to have another billing cycle show up a couple months later).

Anyone else with crappy service from WOOD?

I get great service. They are already reminding me to renew because my subscription expires right around the corner in 10/09.

Matt, be careful. I was reminded "early" about my subscription running out and went ahead and renewed. I'm now getting two copies of the magazine every month. Tried to get it resolved but no go and in todays mail I got both issues and a letter stating my next issue would be my last. Well in my opinion it can be my last as the quality of there magazine has went downhill in my opinion. I have been a faithful subscriber since they started but will let it go when this one runs out.

Every Magazine "reminds" you to subscribe even if you're paid up for years to come. They make good money on the inatentive. Wood has tried to do it to me, so has Fine woodworking and Golf digest.

Outside of that, I have never needed "service" from Wood as it has come faithfully every other month for the last 6 years.

I've always had good service but I rarely ever have a need to contact them. I've been a subscriber for probably 15 years now. This past Christmas my sister purchased me a subscription to WOOD but somehow my wife's name ended up on the mailing label. As soon as her issue arrived, I called WOOD and they corrected it and extended my subscription by the year. So far no problems here.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

try calling.

A+ Service

I was a charter subscriber, so that puts me at over 20 years of service. Never a missed issue, and plenty of mailings reminding me that my subscription is up in three years, so i should hurry to renew.

As mentioned above, try calling.