Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim O'Dell - Lowe's/Biesmeyer - TIP

Jim O'Dell - Lowe's/Biesmeyer - TIP

Jim,

I live in Carrollton and the Lowe's here has three of the fences in stock if you are interested.

I found the secret is to call with the item #(237671) and have them look it up for you. I visit three stores without luck and all of them had the fence in stock when I called and inquired with the item number.

You may be able to find it closer to you with the item number.

TJ

I just called my local Lowes and they had one left in stock. However, the "reduced" price was $340!!!!!!

I told him that a friend of mine got his for $80 and he said that he didn't think that there was ANY way that they would come down that low.

DANG!
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Update

I called my local Lowes as I mentioned in the post above and then called the next closest store and was told the same price, $340. But I thought, "Well, I'll call one more and see waht happens". So I called the next nearest store, about 40 miles away and they had three. I was cringing when she asked me if I wanted to know how much but I was surprised and delighted to hear her say $80!!!

This is the East Hammer Lane, Stockton store for you folks here in central/northern CA. Just keep calling around to find others if this one isn't close to you.

I'm off to go get my fence!
    Mark Rios

Sorry I missed what Lowe"s is selling for 80 dollars.Can somebody bring me up to speed.

Red face

Jack, it's the Biesemeyer 30 commercial fence for table saws. Some have bought it as low as 50.00! I have a scan of the receipt.
    Teresa, thanks for the heads up. The store in Weatherford has at least one, (computer in Ft. Worth says Weatherford has 4) but I need to talk to the tool mgr to get a better price. It's currently marked at 200.00 at that store. I'm in no hurry, and in fact really don't need one, but it's one of those things that you know you'll kick yourself for later if you don't grab one.
    I'll keep looking and see if I can get one at the lower price. If not, it won't be the end of the world. Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 08-21-2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling of Teresa's name.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Whew....just got back from Lowes. But first, called my favorite Lowes and some dude in Crossville, TN just bought the three they had in stock...for $80 each, but guy there told me of another store that had one on display, the only one in the area. He said they had gone back up to $400, but thought the store would sell at the reduced $80 price. He was right . Its in my basement and all I need now is a table saw . Been using a Sears 12 inch radial [radical] arm saw for 34 years and am tired of verifying my life insurance is paid up every time I rip a board. One nice thing I can say about the radical arm saw...you can measure with a crayon since the saw does not cut more accurate than the mark it makes. Reminds me of the lawn mower...yup, Sears...that I had to fix it each time just to use it. Got so mad I threw it in the lake. It was so worthless it wouldn't even sink...
    No kidding though, name me a good table saw...Delta....Hitachi...or what.

Well, I got to the Lowes and I was SOOOOO disappointed. I had asked them to hold one for me so wehn I got there I went to customer service to look at it. As I got up to the counter I saw a shoppping cart with a box that had DELTA printed on it and pictures of a fence. I asked about it and was told that even though the computer said that there were three of the item numbers showing up (for the Biese, 237671), all they could find was this fence, a Delta fence, SKU 237669. AND, it was now $100, not the $80 that I was told. My questions about their inventory and their computer capabilities were met with shrugs and I was asked if I wanted to speak with Phillip.

So off I go to see Phillip. He ws very helpful even though it was his quitting time (5 o'clock). Actually he said it was about 10 minutes after his quitting time by this time. We talked about the disceprencies in SKU munbers and how the 36-"B"30 model (Biese) was in fact a totally different fence than the 36-"T" model (Delta). We looked around in different places for a while and I got seperated from him. I went to look for him but couldn't find him and I thought that he probably went into the back to go punch out for the day. I wondered around a bit more and a lady in a red vest came around a corner and said "He found it". I hadn't seen her before so I didn't really understand what she was talking about at first but then my bonehead brain kicked in and I jogged back down to the tool area. Philip popped out of one of the aisles and said that he had found "them" We went and looked and, sure enough, three plain brown boxes with the SKU hand written on them. One ws opened so I asked if I could look inside the opened one to confirm that it was what I was looking for. He said the he needed to go get onoe of those man-lift things to get it down.

He came back after 8 or 10 minutes with an official man-lift thing driver and they got the open box down for me. It was the right one. He said that he would give me a discount on the open box one if I would take it. I said that I would take all three if he made me a deal on them and then he wouldn't have to deal with them ever again. So. I got three for $70 apiece.By this time it was 5 minutes after 6 o'clock. Phillip went waaaay out of his way to be helpful and I thanked him profusely.

WoooooHoooooooooooo!!!!!!

But then I remembered that I had come up in my Toyota Corolla...........WITH my two dogs! But, after laying the back seats down and taking all of the parts out of the open box (and saving all of the packaging), my big dog laid down on the fences in the back seat while my healer got to ride in the front seat on the way home.

No pics, didn't happen so here are the pics.......

Squeezing three fences in through the trunk

Fence1111.jpg Fence1112.jpg

The open box kit

Fence1114.jpg

and the other two sealed boxes

Fence1113.jpg

Thanks to all for bringing up the deal and thanks to Teresa for the tip and the extra encouragement to keep trying to chase them down.
    Last edited by Mark Rios; 08-22-2007 at 8:15 AM.
    Mark Rios

Teresa, I forgot to ask what price they had them marked at for the Carrollton store? Was it 200.00 or 80.00? THANKS! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Mark,
    Make sure the Manager knows how Philip went out of his way. Usually all they hear about are the problems - when someone does good, we need to reward them any way we can! Maybe suggest to the Manager that Philip could use a pay increase or a bonus!

Wes

The Lowe's in Carrollton sold their 3 fences long ago. The still show up in the computer, but they no longer have them in stock...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios View Post
    ...my big dog laid down on the fences in the back seat ...
    Where's the picture of that?

Biesmeyer fence

Jim can you send me a copy of the receipt for the fence. I have found 2 in a store close by.

Finally found one for $80! Had to call a Lowes close to my boyhood home in Ohio (I live in Maryland) because all the ones here are still selling them for $200. My brother works within a mile or two of the Lowes and will pick it up for me. That works because I am going home to visit for 10 days next week and can pick it up then.
    Last edited by David Tiell; 08-22-2007 at 2:14 PM.

I paid $80 + tax.

Matt,

Did you talk to Thomas?

TJ