I've been dealing with a very, VERY frustrating issue with another OEM, which I won't get into here. BUT, it really brings the issue of Customer Service to the forefront. In this case, the very BEST CS I've ever encountered!

Briefly, I purchased a "discounted" tool through Bob from Festool. There was apparently some communications confusion between their main office and their reps. I got the tool I ordered in the discounted configuration that was presented to me, but later found out that there may have been a chance to get one at an even steeper discount. I brought this to Bob's attention, rather than going "above his head". I wasn't asking for anything, but just making him aware of the situation. Turns out, I wouldn't have had to go "above his head" anyway, because HE did so *himself*!

In the end, I received not one, but two very lengthy and personal emails from Christian, the CEO of Festool with both, an apology and explanation! Further, he insisted on offering me a price credit, refund or accessories worth the difference. I told him it wasn't necessary, as I still received the product which I paid for, in the condition presented to me. NOT good enough for these guys! So, I selected some more sanding media for my upcoming kitchen project. Well, today, the Brown dropped off my package of sandpaper and, I think, it may even be more than the original price difference! Plus, they also picked up the tab for shipping.

In my way of thinking, a personal note and apology from the CEO was more than I expected. The media was over the top. And, it was Christian himself who originated the order! This, my friends, is Customer Service at its best! I have thus far accumulated four of their tools and, mark my words, if there is *anything* I'm in need or want of and Festool makes it, that's where I'm going! It may take a bit longer to save up for it. I might fore-go another tool. I may even put it on the "plastic". BUT, rest assured, it's coming from Festool! I sincerely believe they have some of the finest engineered, ergo-friendly, best fit and finish around. I've always been impressed with their "good" customer service. Now I can sincerely add to their other attributes as having GREAT Customer Service! The whole shootin' match at Festool is worth every penney you pay. You're not just getting a tool, you feel like you're getting a part of the company! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Normal disclaimer: Not affiliated with Festool. (Though I certainly would feel privileged to be!)