Thread: thewoodworkingchannel.com

thewoodworkingchannel.com

Anybody know what's up with www.thewoodworkingchannel.com?

I haven't been able to view a schedule on their site for months and it doesn't appear to get updated anymore. Plus, today I checked and I can't view any of the videos. Are they pulling the plug on this?

JW

It's working fine right now 7:00 pm central time

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White View Post
    Anybody know what's up with www.thewoodworkingchannel.com?

I haven't been able to view a schedule on their site for months and it doesn't appear to get updated anymore. Plus, today I checked and I can't view any of the videos. Are they pulling the plug on this?

JW
    It wasn't working for me about 90 minutes ago but is fine now except I can;t get the schedule. Right now...a woman is doing a lathe demo.
    Gary K.

I e-mailed them about the schedule and someone replied and said I need to e-mail someone else. That is crap, they should have passed it on to the responsible party instead of sending me a reply and ignoring the issue. Obviously, they don't care.

The schedule is most important because I am not going to watch in hopes of seeing something I want hence, I don"t watch anymore. If I could see what is coming up that I want to see then I make a point to tune in, sponsors should demand better service.

My expereince is the same as your's, Dan. I get a Server Error in '/' Application message. Their return email gave two names to contact, but I couldn't find them listed anywhere. Bummer. I too have quit watching the webcast.

Well...thought I was doing something wrong with not being able to view the videos. Did see a show about sharpening chisels, very informative. Have an old wooden toolbox from my Dad, which has old planes, chisels, auger bits, odds and end, and some strange stuff I don't remember seeing him use. Had cleaned up the chisels and planes but was apprehensive about sharpening them, since they are obviously antiques. He would have been 100 last year. Think I will have a go at it after I get some decent stones.

I am having the same experience. I was really behind the program when it was launched and they have just not kept up with adding new content. Now, I believe their focus is on launching programming for people in the trades. Seems like it will be heavy on advertising and promoting things from a supplier/manufacturer perspective which will no doubt make them more money. I don't think they're devoting any time to keeping the original program going and fresh.

I am having trouble with the volume being too low, does anyone else experience this?
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

the woodworking channel

I get Video, low volumn and no schedule with the following error message Server Error in '/' Application which I dont understand how to fix. Iam on a cable connection.

I emailed The woodworking Channel Today Monday and got the following back
    We are aware of the problem with the schedule page, and there are people working to find the problem. I'm not sure when it should be up and running, but it should be up asap.
    Thanks,
    Thewoodworkingchannel.com Support Team

I can not view it using FireFox. Has anyone come up with a solution? I don't care to keep changing browsers depending on what I want to view and I don't like I.E.

I haven't tried them in a while, i gave up on any new content it went for months with the same old shows over and over.

I use Firefox and I downloaded the IE add on from the Firefox site and it opens in it which I think is just basically IE through Firefox.