Thread: Oak or Maple Tree Vector Art

Oak or Maple Tree Vector Art

Anyone have a source for some decent vector art for oak or maple trees? I have a sign to make and the current sign has the name of the place and a couple of oak or maple trees to the left of it. It's not much more than a solid image with a couple of slots cut out of the leaf area, but it does have a good shape to it. Since I'm replacing it, I thought I would offer up a new design for the to have a look at (up sell, up sell, up sell!)

However, it's a professional place and it needs to look professional. All the ones I can find in Corel's files are either shaped funny or have no leaves on them. This will be going outside a commercial office building and this image will be about 2 feet tall.

Worst case, I'll photograph the existing and trace it, but in doing that, it'll be hard for me to charge much extra for reproducing what's already there.

Anyone got any sources?

Thanks in advance-
    Scott
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

There's both an oak and a maple in this lot:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/48446217...Trees.zip.html
    The maple is the better shape, but looks like it has some sort of flaw. Neither of them are breathtaking, but either might do the job.

Scott,

Try this link to Vector Art.

http://www.vectorart.com/store/index...-Trees_158.htm

I purchased their CD #1 and the vector art is excellent quality.

How soon do you need this? We have a GREAT one on the laser computer at home, but we won't be back there until next Tuesday.

Nancy (115 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Vector Oak

Don't know if this will help....Hopefully I attached it correctly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the info so far. Haven't seen quite what I'm looking for yet. Here's a photo of what's there now.

Nancy, a week is fine if you have something that might look good replacing this. Worst case, I can just trace what's there and be done with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Not fantastic but an oak
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Thanks to everyone, I think I see a couple of things I can put together from a couple of these.

Found 4 more that might do. They're eps.
    http://cambs.com/etch/oaks.zip