Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"-Labor Day Edition

Backpacking

Going backpacking into the Desolation Wilderness just east of Lake Tahoe with my 15 year old boy. We're gunna catch and eat some fish and enjoy the solitude, however there will be visions of sawdust dancing in my head. Since I'm only a WWW (weekend warrior woodworker), I will likely need psychological therapy to survive 2 weeks without woodworking. But seriously, I feel blessed that my boy wants to spend time with dad. I need to be with him as much as possible before he leaves the roost. He's my therapy.

Do it in white you won't regret it I bet.

Myself? Need to throw together a simple plywood entertainment center to go under the wallhung 61" DLP TV.

Probably 8 hours or less I'd guess (very simple design). Then she agreed to sand and stain (Dark Walnut to Ebony) and I'll shoot w/ 2 coats of Shellac. I doubt she'll get her portion done this weekend, but I'll post pics once it's done.

Will remain near 100 degrees' here though, I'm sooooo ready for the cool weather to come.

mike

Some where between Buffalo and Rochester NY
    Well I have to finish up a cedar chest for a lady. It is a 1940's Montgomery Ward wedding chest that was her uncles and the finish was in really bad shape. Finish the screen door for the MIL. Tuesday moring I have to report for back surgery and will be out of comsion for 6-10 weeks. We will se if I can stay inactive that long.

Well, here in south Georgia I'll be smoking a bunch of pork butt, pork ribs, pork loin, fish and chicken! Oh, yeah -- I spent a couple of hours today on some shop work, but this is a weekend to cook, eat and enjoy washing it down with a case or two of "beverage".

The meats are marinating and so am I!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Howdy karl.....

I'm oncall this weekend and it's nothing but work for the day job until 8AM Monday morning. I'm just hoping for a weekend that won't be a real killer.

The temp here is getting a wee bit cooler and I'm liking the cooler nights as that's very tempting for me to get back in the shop and finish things up that I started right before real hot weather set in.

Have a great weekend!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I've got a rocking horse that needs building. I've got the wood, layed out the templates on the wood. It's all down to the cuttin, routin, fittin, and gluin.

Maybe some finishing, but don't know if I'm that ambitious....

Blog Entries
    Ought to be able to finish off a b-day gift I've been taking my time on. Crank out some drawers for the workbench. If I get real industrious I'll swap out the PB computer desk for the rolltop that's been sitting in my living room for just over 2-long.

Family b-fast get together at LOML's on Sunday. If I'm lucky, more shoptime on Monday; I need to get started on the rest of those CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Friday put two double hung and one picture window in the back wall of the shop,120"s of windows.Will be reframing the back porch roof with my son in law,recently home from Iraq, should be a great weekend here.

Tom

Plans were to have a wonderful weekend socializin' and such. Still holding out hope for a Sunday night cookout on the dock.

Flash flood warning just issued until 6 p.m. Sitting here waiting for the water to rise. Haven't checked official sources, but the tidal creek in the back yard says we are pretty close to high tide. High tide, 2" of rain per hour, not a good combo. Pool is overflowing.

Warning area includes Tybee Island and Hilton Head Island. I feel really sorry for the folks who are vacationing on the islands.

Hope you guys have a great weekend. Stay safe.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

'Just returned last night from a family vacation week at Mont-Tremblant in Quebec. With any luck I'll get some shop time this weekend and I know I will through next week as I'm still in "use it or lose it" vacation land! (And another week at the end of the month, too...)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...