Thread: Knapp Distributor

Brian Woodley Guest

Knapp Distributor

Apparently Knapp is no longer distributed by Laguna Tools. Does anyone know who the new distributor will be for Canada and United States.

Thanks
    Brian

Knapp Distributor

Interesting, because Laguna Tools in Orange County Calif still lists the Knapp product line on their website. I know there was a problem 3 years ago with a Canadian distributor, but they were let go by the Robland Corporation, the owners of Knapp.

www.lagunatools.com/sign_series.htm

Gary Curtis

The only information so far is that there will be a new distribution system in the US and Canada...direct from Knapp's web site:
    ---------
    New Distributor for USA, Canada August 2007
    New Distributors for USA, Canada

At this time we regret to inform our loyal Knapp customers that Laguna Tools of Laguna Beach, California, will not longer be representing the Knapp line of machinery.

While this was not an easy decision to make, please rest assured that our new US distribution network will provide the necessary support to insure the continued success of the Knapp machinery line of products. Knapp management is committed to your satisfaction and the continuance of our product growth throughout North America.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

David Less Guest

May be a good thing

That may be a good thing. It is hard to deal with companies completely across the country that sell such a high end machine. Mid US would be better, especially for people having to travel from each direction for viewing equipment.

My $.02

Louie

Knapp Distributer

I wonder if Laguna is trying to move stock. If they are no longer a dealer you would think there should be some close out sales on machines and accessories.

I dont think Laguna has too many Knapps on hand if any. Some of their techs there told my they have never even seen one.

hi, A couple of months ago Laguna had a couple of Knapp machines in stock. They priced them very aggressively. I think there is still a 16" J/P there.
    Knapp was in Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Rumor was that prodcution was moving to Robland in Belgium. Robland owned a piece of Knapp and was supplying some parts and castings. Then Hess and Gescha came to the rescue and formed a partnership with a Knapp owner/manager to get the company going again. Hess is a German company that makes industrial size edgeclamping machines and Gescha is another German company that makes spray booths. Both companies have dealers in the USA. Whether these dealers will also carry the Knapp remains to be seen. I would guess that the dealers would balk at this since the market for the Knapp would be totally different from the one they are dealing with now. Dealers in industrial machinery usually don't work well with the non professional customer. The best Knapp salesman I've seen in action was Torbin Helshoj the owner of Laguna Tools. Carl Knapp and Eric Delaney both now at Felder were also real good especially in working with the non professional. Given the size of the USA, getting a good support network up and running is going to be difficult initially and take some capital investment. I'd like to see them succeed since good competition leads to improvements and inovations from everyone.
    take care,
    John