Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Powermatic PM2000 5 Hp Cabinet Saw - $1250

Powermatic PM2000 5 Hp Cabinet Saw - $1250

Closeout price at Woodcraft on the Powermatic PM2000 5 Hp cabinet saw with 30" fence for $1250. Won't last long.

link

Naaah. That's just a price screwup. Notice that the smaller 3hp version is $1,000 more? They'll fix it first thing in the morning. No WAY would they offer the same saw for that much less, without unbelievable fanfare and "SALE PRICE" stickers everywhere.

Nice if you can get one at that price, but I'd believe it when I saw a receipt and a saw. Besides, Woodcraft has always been really, really good to deal with, and I'd hate to get in a p***ing contest with them over "You advertised it. You HAVE to honor it!! I'll call my local Attorney General!" They've just been too good to me. From their terms of service: "Woodcraft cannot be held responsible for pricing errors, in print or otherwise." They'll blame it on Fred in Web Development or something.

Beautiful catch, though, Chris. And if it turns out to be valid and I didn't buy 7 of them just now because I was busy typing...that'll be just my luck.
    Last edited by Nathan Conner; 09-04-2007 at 12:47 AM.

I think it is a mistake but I ordered one anyway. The Website accepted my order...and gave me an order number.

Good luck, but based on their other prices, I'd say they switched positions on the 1 and 2. Cool if you get it at that price tho.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

That seems like a real deal. 5HP for a home shop here...a bit of overkill for me I think. Would be nice though. Not sure my 20yo dryer outlet would handle that, been meaning to open the utility box on the side of the house to check. But if your not commercial and not needing to get-it-done, would you really need 5hp? Cost of operating it would be more too. Is there somewhere posted an estimated cost of power usage based on HP and Amps.

Well, I emailed them and asked about the cost. Yes, it's probably too good to be true but if it is, I'll order one also. I'll let you guys know their reply.

I don't remember what the item was, but had the same thing happen at Woodcraft's site a few months ago. Went to order in the morning and it was fixed. I sent them a friendly email telling them they were just too fast for me.

Hope you do get that saw at that price, though. It'd be a deal of a lifetime.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Vanbokklen View Post
    That seems like a real deal. 5HP for a home shop here...a bit of overkill for me I think. Would be nice though. Not sure my 20yo dryer outlet would handle that... would you really need 5hp? Cost of operating it would be more too. Is there somewhere posted an estimated cost of power usage based on HP and Amps.
    5 hp may be overkill, but it sure is nice. I don't use mine enough to make much difference in the "operating cost." Yes, it will need more amps than your dryer circuit. Mine is on a 30 amp breaker.

The price is still there this morning. That's sure a great deal for those who need a table saw and can get that deal.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Well, I don't expect it to bear fruit, but I ordered one anyway. Just on the wild chance.... A nice bandsaw was going to be my next large tool purchase, but I'll put off that for awhile without any regrets if by some miracle they honor this deal.

I just talked to Woodcraft customer service & they confirmed the price is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rosenberger View Post
    I just talked to Woodcraft customer service & they confirmed the price is correct.
    WOW! Great news, I was sure I was going to get a we're sorry but email or call.

Chris, Thanks for the heads up. I also ordered one and then checked with customer service to see if they would honor the deal. They stated that they would honor the price until they got it changed. We'll see how long this deal lasts. Again thanks.

Tim

Cool

Maybe WoodCraft has the same people running their website that Amazon does. Wow, I sure hope so.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Man. My Amazon bought 3HP PM2000 is still on a delivery truck.

I really wanted the 50" model, but I think I could have found a way to make due with the extra $800 bucks in my pocket... Some accessories come to mind.

Oh well. Congrats to those of you who jumped on this deal!

Ugh, I am having a very hard time deciding. My 22124 is only 1 year old and I like it. Plus I bought a shop fox w1741 a couple days ago. Not sure if its worth it to me.

Anyhow, congrats to all that get one.
    Last edited by Noah Vig; 09-04-2007 at 10:38 AM.