Hopefully this has not been discussed to death. Just curious I tried searching but did not find much with "operating cost".

So there was posted here today a probably mistaken pricing on a 5HP 20amp PM2000. And I'm thinking wow maybe I could/should. But proably will be coulda/shoulda

But it got me wondering has there been much discussion on how much operating cost go up when you start using tools with more HP and Amps?

Would operating a 5hp saw cost all that much more than a 3hp? Or a 1.5hp vs. 3hp or 5hp.

Is not amp rating based on max amps at startup. What amps might a 5hp saw, like the PM2000 deal that was posted today, average after startup? Or do you determine cost using Watts when thinking about cost?

Power consumption in my home shop is going up for sure because I'm trying to get more serious with dust collection which opperates in conjunction with each tool either my Delta 1.5hp DC and/or my 6gal wet/dry vac, sometimes at the same time. And I'm planning on also adding an air fliltration system too eventually. And I'm wanting a more powerful table saw.