Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hitachi M12V2 3 1/4 Hp Plunge Router - $123

Hitachi M12V2 3 1/4 Hp Plunge Router - $123

Hitachi M12V2 3 1/4 hp plunge router - $123 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.ht...&creative=9325

that is an awesome deal! i have that router in my table and has done everything i have asked of it.

a real workhorse.

Jim

Is the new one usable on a router table? John Lucas, a member here, has a set of detailed instructions for making the older type work on a table. Not sure if this one has only cosmetic or mechanical changes.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

That is a great router. I also have one in my table and it seems bullet proof.

Deck

Jim,

I purchased another (2nd) older style from the auction site a couple of weeks ago for my current mantle project. I elected for the old one based on the new base is different than the old one, and would not work (as best as I could tell from looking at in person) with my Woodpecker lift I have.

That router does not break a sweat with the 2+2 panel bit, that makes the entire cut, including the back cut in one pass.

M12V2 Works For Me

I put mine in a Woodpeck UniLift with an Xtreme Extension. This combination works very well for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pete I have the Woodpeckers Plunge lift made specifically for the M12V http://www.woodpeck.com/plungelift.html The pre-drilled mounting plunge lift does not line up with the holes on the new M12V2. So, unable to use the old lift with the new router, I opted for another old one.

With the unit you purchased it appears that you avoid having a lift made specifically for your router. They did not have this option when I put to the router & lift combo.

Nissim Avrahami made his router lift, for the Hitachi.

IMHO it's worth a look for these.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ht=Router+lift

Hitachi M12V2 Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by David LaRue View Post
    Pete I have the Woodpeckers Plunge lift made specifically for the M12V http://www.woodpeck.com/plungelift.html The pre-drilled mounting plunge lift does not line up with the holes on the new M12V2. So, unable to use the old lift with the new router, I opted for another old one.

With the unit you purchased it appears that you avoid having a lift made specifically for your router. They did not have this option when I put to the router & lift combo.
    Dave. I looked at the Plungelift and decided on the Unilift when it went on sale. I had to ask for the plate drilled for the M12V2. Woodpecker sent both plates. The Unilift has a brake which locks the height, so I'm not reaching under the table each time.

Price now down to $117

I clicked the link and got a price of $209.99 with free shipping!?

What happened to the bargain?
    Jack Briggs
    Briggs Guitars

Jack,
    Amazon's pricing fluctuates depending on the number sold, how many are in stock, what color socks you are wearing etc. I just tried, and as of 11:20AM EST it was $117 for me. Check back, it may be less - but it may be more.

Wes

just got one for $117.00 w/free ship. i have and love the m12v. have in a talbe. i will set this up in a shop built table also, for the rail and stile jobs.

tired of changing back and forth.

maybe i should get another one for the panel raiser bit? honey, can I order????

she said no

joe p

Now it's $117!! Holy cow!!! Only a fool would pass this up. I have 2 routers, one being a Hitachi TR12 that I bought in 1987. I've gotten 20 yrs. of hard use out of it, and it's still going! Might just have to spring for a M12V2, even if the looks are kindof......well......you know!
    Jack Briggs
    Briggs Guitars

Wink

Joe, perhaps you could swing over to something on Amazon that is a must have for her, order another router and combine shipping? It's worth a try.