Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Hi everyone. New member here. I've been reading messages for a few months now and finally decided to join. I've been woodworking since March of last year and am slowly building my skills and tool collection. I look forward to sharing this forum with all of the knowledgeable people here. If any one has any questions for me feel free to ask.
    Travis

Welcome to the "Creek." I am certain that you will enjoy it here. It is a nice place to be.
    Old age can be better than the alternative.

<font size=+2><B>Welcome Travis!!!</b></font>

Welcome to the Creek..!!!! Wade on in, grab a pole and wet a hook. Snag what you can and leave what you will for others to learn and observe. We're one big family here and many are regulars that are here almost every single day.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Welcome Travis!

Hi Travis,

Nice to meet you. Welcome to the Creek. Dave.

Welcome Travis!!!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Welcome

Travis,

Glad to have you in the Creek........
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Welcome Travis!
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Glad you're here! Nice place with nice people--and a lot of woodworking knowledge.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Welcome Travis

I just have one favor to ask. I have been butchering wood for over thirty years and have never made anything worth posting on any board. I take umbrage at newbies posting pictures of stuff which I could never hope to make. Please don't post any of your great stuff unless you claim that you have at least 45 years of experience - lie if you have to. It will make me feel better.

Lastly, there is the "round" vs. "flat" thing. I am obviously one of the more mature posters on SMC. I graduated from college KNOWING that the world is flat (How do I know? My engineering professors like Aristotle, Socrates, etc. TOLD me so!!). Over the years, however, I have been seduced by the Lathe Goddess and I sometimes babble some hallucinatory dribble about the world being round. Please ignore that utter nonsense.

Whatever, Travis, enjoy your membership. Continue to absorb the knowledge of the professionals who are now your comrads and PLEASE don't hesitate to help me out every time that you can. If there's one thing that I need it is HELP!! - especially with empting my scrapbox!

Dale T.
    I am so busy REMAKING my projects that I don't have time to make them the FIRST time!

A BIG SMC WELCOME, Travis! Glad you decided to join in. It's a real good bunch of people with skills, talents and knowledge beyond what you could find in any single book. Probably, any local library, for that matter! Stop often and stay long. Oh, and don't pay attention to the babbling of Dale. We all *know* he's just like that "plain Jane" Dodge sitting next to you at the stoplight: Looks like a demure '69 Dart, but there's a Hemi under the hood! Don't be afraid posting project or shop pics!

PS: Dale T., you really DO crack me up!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Welcome aboard, Travis...this is a great community. And don't worry about the round vs flat conundrum...trees come both ways!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thank you all for the kind welcome. Here's one of my first projects made out of 1/4" ply and all cut on the scrollsaw. I hope this picture works.
    Travis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Travis,

Welcome to the Creek. I see you live in beautiful La Grande. It's been awhile since I've been there, but really enjoyed the area. I did some work on top of Mt. Fanny back in the mid 80's. The last time I was up there, had to go in by snowcat. That was quite an experience for an Okie!

Glad you joined up,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lasley
    Hey Travis,

Welcome to the Creek. I see you live in beautiful La Grande. It's been awhile since I've been there, but really enjoyed the area. I did some work on top of Mt. Fanny back in the mid 80's. The last time I was up there, had to go in by snowcat. That was quite an experience for an Okie!

Glad you joined up,
    Bob
    Thanks Bob. It's great living here. We have a lot of snow right now but it's been years since we've had any snow to speak of. It's still a small town of about 14,000. Right now I have a huge drift in front of the shop that makes me want to go out there less.
    Travis