Thread: September 11 comes and goes again

September 11 comes and goes again

I remember watching the events unfold.
    Every time that date comes around I feel a lot of it all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rohrabacher View Post
    I remember watching the events unfold.
    Every time that date comes around I feel a lot of it all over again.
    I feel the same way. Were you in the city at the time ?
    "He who saves one life, saves the world entire"

I was thinking that too yesterday, it was amazing the amount of anger over the act I had. The various eye witness accounts that they playedon the news when I came into work, just sparked the nerves.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

I was at almost the exact same place on the road as I was on Sept. 11 2001 when they rang the bell for all of those lost yesterday. It gave me goosbumps....

It was one of those things that will live in my memory for ever.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy levine View Post
    I feel the same way. Were you in the city at the time ?
    I had an appointment in the city that morning. Had friend in the buildings and family living a few blocks or two away

I remember it all... what we were doing and everything! I won't every forget it!
    Isaiah 55:6-7

I DON'T WANT TO FORGET NOR WILL I EVER FORGET!
    Randy

Don't worry abuot tommorrow, it may never arrive
    Don't fret over yesterdays mistake, you can't undo them
    Just live today the best you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rohrabacher View Post
    I had an appointment in the city that morning. Had friend in the buildings and family living a few blocks or two away
    I was scheduled for a meeting in tower two on one of the upper floors only two days later than the event...with several of the folks that perished, one of which was a woodworker I had already met at a previous meeting in Des Moines. To this day, I cannot watch any kind of footage or look at most pictures...

I actually saw the second plane hit on CNN (before they recognized it as a plane) as I was dealing with email that morning at the Marriott Courtyard at BWI in MD. Boy, that was a very long drive home, with "official" cars passing me like I was standing still on I-95.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I believe I will always remember where I was and what I was doing on 9/11 and at the time of JFK's assassination.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Here in St. Louis, we had a "commentator" express his opinion that too much emphasis is placed on the day. If I had been able to call in to the station, I would have reminded him about December 7, 1941, D-Day, and any other day that our nation was threatened or attacked. I cannot keep from shedding tears to this day when I think about 9-11. How dare he try to minimize the lives lost and those that were forever altered!?!?! Makes me a bit upset...but that is how I feel.
    Leigh Costello
    Epilog Mini 24, 45W, Corel X4
    Smile, make them wonder what ya did.

Blog Entries
    Makes me want us to go into a little construction. Make the middle east a parking lot. I know, to severe, but that's why we think with our heads and not our emotions. I pray nothing like this happens on American soil again.

I think what I remember most was the attitude of Americans after it happened. Hell, even crooks took a break. We were all one. No black, white, asian, or latino. All one. Remember the flags everywhere? Nobody would think of beeping at somebody for sitting at a green light too long. No road rage. We were one. I wish we hadn't forgotten so fast.

I remember the day like it was yesterday. Lost a firefighter friend. My wife was in the same Walmart with the some of the hijackers the night before in South Portland, Maine. I remember her telling me that she would stay up there for a few extra days because it seemed a bit safer. Then we found out that she may have passed these XXXXXXXXs in an aisle.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.