Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Turning Group Members and Their Lathes" (RESPONSE THREAD)

Post "Turning Group Members and Their Lathes" (RESPONSE THREAD)

This is the place to make responses to the thread "Turning Group Members and Their Lathes"

I'm sorry....I will be slammed hard for this but I see this thread as nothing but showing off.

Look at me, I have the best lathe, etc. Some members have done so much of it already but I guess they cannot have enough attention.

SAD.

EDIT: We are all entitled to GLOAT. I do that myself but to keep bringing it up? Come on!
    Dario

Dario, I don't see this a gloating, rather than getting to know the person and their machine that they produce work on. I am fully behind this, as I often wonder, hmmm what does that person look like? Or hey that's a nice piece, I wonder what they turn on? Sorry if you don't like it, but I do feel it has some merrit. Even if I was still turning on a POS I wiould still post. Shoot it would make me want to post even more. Say "Hey llok I have a POS and still turn just as nice of stuff as the guys with the big boys in their shops!!!

JMHO
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!

Quote Originally Posted by TYLER WOOD View Post
    Dario, I don't see this a gloating, rather than getting to know the person and their machine that they produce work on. I am fully behind this, as I often wonder, hmmm what does that person look like? Or hey that's a nice piece, I wonder what they turn on? Sorry if you don't like it, but I do feel it has some merrit. Even if I was still turning on a POS I wiould still post. Shoot it would make me want to post even more. Say "Hey llok I have a POS and still turn just as nice of stuff as the guys with the big boys in their shops!!!

JMHO
    BRAVO, Tyler!!!! I like it that we can see real pictures of the other turners here with their "babies" on which they turn out such beautiful work.

Now to clean the shavings off my lathe stand so people can see it!!

Nancy (100 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Tyler,

Good for you that you see the bright side on this. I did too but for me, it is clouded by something else. People can deny and say all they want but if they search hard enough within...maybe they will know what I mean.

JMHO too.
    Dario

Smile Way to go Chris!

I'll clean myself up and get write on that- for sure- I think it's great!

I'll be posting mine later today - Chris- when is the stapler exhibit coming
    Brian

Brain, please step away from the stapler. You don't want to be in the hospital for another month do you. You know what happens when you get close to an electric stapler!!! Just stand donw private!!!
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!

Question You guys are great!

Quote Originally Posted by TYLER WOOD View Post
    Brain, please step away from the stapler. You don't want to be in the hospital for another month do you. You know what happens when you get close to an electric stapler!!! Just stand donw private!!!

Yea- I know Tyler, I started to get excited , what a let down.LOL
    I like the form Chris has put up for this I just hope everyong won't be listing responces on there as well.
    Can we just copy that form and then past it as a standard format? Chris - can you make that a blank format for listings so we can copy it and then fill in the information accordingly-and a hyperlink from this post to the form area - that would work write? Not trying to take over Chris- pleae don't get the wrong impression- it's your idea and a great one at that.
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Weick; 09-12-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Weick View Post
    Yea- I know Tyler, I started to get excited , what a let down.LOL
    I like the form Chris has put up for this I just hope everyong won't be listing responces on there as well.
    Can we just copy that form and then past it as a standard format? Chris - can you make that a blank format for listings so we can copy it and then fill in the information accordingly-and a hyperlink from this post to the form area - that would work write? Not trying to take over Chris- pleae don't get the wrong impression- it's your idea and a great one at that.
    Brian
    I'm fine with all the suggestions but I'm not quite sure what you are invisioning. Help me out he a little bit, I'm just kinda slow.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Quote Originally Posted by Dario Octaviano View Post
    I'm sorry....I will be slammed hard for this but I see this thread as nothing but showing off.
    Look at me, I have the best lathe, etc. Some members have done so much of it already but I guess they cannot have enough attention.
    SAD.
    EDIT: We are all entitled to GLOAT. I do that myself but to keep bringing it up? Come on!
    Dario, after reading this I had to self examine. I can see where you may have thought that and I am probably the worst offender. I will remember that in the future. Please understand that for me personally my sharing was not intended to be a negative for anyone and I am truly sorry for the way you were impacted. I took just as much pride in my first lathe and I have a feeling others do as well. Just like the post says "All lathes need recognition".Tyler summed up the intentions of this project very well and I hope you can see the spirit of that and join in and be a part. I would ask that you delete your post from the other thread so we can keep it for it's intended purpose. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Christopher K. Hartley; 09-12-2007 at 10:39 AM.

I think this is a great idea. I've never felt that anyone was "showing off" on this sight. Everyone should be proud of everything they do and have IMO. I will be posting a pic as soon as I can. Chris, thanks for the thread!

Question a form;

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher K. Hartley View Post
    I'm fine with all the suggestions but I'm not quite sure what you are invisioning. Help me out he a little bit, I'm just kinda slow.

Hey Chris,
    A form :
    • When did you join SMC?
    • How did you find out about this site?
    • What do you enjoy the most about SMC?
    • What is the make, model and year of your lathe?
    • What is your lathe's capacity/Specification?
    • Additonal side noted about the lathe?

PLease Inset Your images below under additional options after pasting this form to this thread.

they can copy this very nice form you made and past it into the posting? that way there is some uniformaity to the post - Just an idea Chris,
    thanks
    Brian

I just posted a picture of my lathes and me check it Chris and see if that is what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Perry View Post
    I just posted a picture of my lathes and me check it Chris and see if that is what you wanted.
    Right on Bobby, but ya did cheat a little on your picture. It's ok though cause that young lady looks to be the real pro. I love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher K. Hartley View Post
    Right on Bobby, but ya did cheat a little on your picture. It's ok though cause that young lady looks to be the real pro. I love it!!
    The bottom picture is me I don't know the other guy