Thread: Anyone have experience with North State 20" planer?

Anyone have experience with North State 20" planer?

I have an opportunity to buy a used North State 20" planer. I've been considering upgrading my Dewalt 735 to a larger unit but I have no knowledge of this company or machine. Does anyone have any information on it? Its a 5 hp single phase machine. Don't know the vintage. Model number is CT-508. Junk? Good machine? What would one in the 5 - 10 year old range be worth? Much appreciated if there is any info.

Rick

I had one of those planers for years. ran a lot material through it with no problems. It's the same planer as sunhill, jet, and many others. The only reason I sold mine was because I bought a 24" powermatic 225. If it's not been abused it should be ok.

North State 20" planer

Richard, I don't have any experience with that North State planer...but I have one of their contractor's tablesaws. The distributor in this area for North State tools is Leneave Supply Co. located here in Charlotte,N.C.
    Their phone is (704) 376-7421...just call them, they should be able to answer any/ all questions about that machine that you would have.
    Hope this helps....Jim Heffner