Thread: Need a light duty air compressor

Need a light duty air compressor

I need a light duty air compressor to run my trim guns off of. I am basicly looking for something as compact and as quite as possible. I don't want to spend more than 150 bucks either.

I have a porter cable pancake and I am just looking for something specifically for my trim guns that is easier to drag arround and quieter.

I am tempted by the Stanley Bostich Trim Air and some of the smaller craftsman's.

I don't need much more than 100PSI regulated output. Mabey if I were nailing through 2-1/2" lignum vite or something

Hi Michale, I bought the one gallon Dewalt about 3 months ago. It is extremely quite, and easy to carry around. Amazon usually has it for $150

get the husky easy air at home depot, craigslist or ebay; although i'm glad i bought the 2 gallon thomas.

Honestly, this is were I did opt for the little $90 Husky from HD. Small, portable, actually quite quiet, too. Great for the little guns; not the best for my framer outside of a few single shots.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I bought one of these little Senco's. It's great for trim, although once when i was doing bulk nailing of some wainscoting panels I needed to let it recover. Beyond that - it's quiet, light and small.

Senco PC1010

Bought one of Sears's cheaper models, got it on sale for $109, works fine, keeps up to my brad nailer with no problem and is easy to haul around, but if its quiet you want, I'd pass on it.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

I'd take a look at the Makita MAC700 or MAC2400. I went shopping this weekend and had the sales guy hook one of the 2400s up and I couldn't believe how quiet it was.

The MAC700 is around $165 on Amazon and can be bought elsewhere for a few dollars less. The MAC2400 is approx. $265.

I'm leaning towards the 700 since the 2400 weighs in at a 77 lbs which makes it a little less portable.

8. I got the Dewalt D55140 one gallon at the Home Depot on sale for $125 about 10 days ago, they had a stack of them marked down. Usually retails for about $150. I'm happy with it, very quiet unit, light and portable, but with the small tank after about 10 brads or so it recharges; I put the framing nailer on it and after 5 of those it recharges. I don't see the frequent recharges as a negative due to quiet operation. Rich.

I've looked around for a few years trying to find a small compressor as you are Michael. I have a Bostitch that weighs in around 77 lbs and can be a pain to tote around. The problem I've run into with all the miniature compressors is they all are oiless from what I remember, and I won't buy anything thats oiless, nail guns included.

I was in you shoes a couple of weeks ago (looking for a small, quiet compressor). I wound up buying a CO2 powered kit (bottle, regulator, belt hook and 10' hose) at Lowes. No noise, very light with 9 oz bottle, and I don't have to drag any hoses through the house! I believe it was $90. The bottles can be refilled at any paintball supplier for under $4 and last for several hundred nails.
    Dave on Lake Greenwood, SC