Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inca 570 opinions please

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Curtis View Post
    Inca ceased production years ago.
    I thought Inca was sold by the founder to Multico Sarl (a French concern). And, that many of the machines continue to be produced there now, just not exported to the U.S.

There's a great Inca resource on Yahoo groups. Just go to groups.yahoo.com and search for Inca. You'll find lots of discussions on the machines.

While GW stopped selling them and the company went through some financial challenges, it appears someone is trying to start manufacturing them again in France.

Check out www.incamachines.com for information. Some owners manuals and a contact us link that might give you more info.

I have an Inca bandsaw, the J/P like the 570 without the Tersa knives and their cabinetmakers saw. All are over 20 years old and still going strong.

Neil

Last night I made it to look at the Inca and was quite pleasantly surprised. It had obviously been used but is very well cared for. The only thing that is at all wrong with it is the plastic knob for installing and removing the outfeed table is broken off. The other thing that was different from what I had expected was the cutterhead. It is not the Tersa type but the 2 knife standard style. The motor is a Lesson 2 HP wired for 220. It starts up and runs surprisingly smooth. The plastic gears are in excellent condition and well lubricated.

I was able to run a couple of 9 inch wide pieces of walnut and cherry through both the planer and jointer. I was impressed. The finish was excellent and this was with a set of knives that are due to be sharpened. The owner had to leave or I would have brought it home with me last night. Not to worry it will be in its new home either Sun or Mon evening.

Craig

Great Find. I love mine. It is a heck of a machine. Also I never remove my outfeed table to thickness lumber. When I bought mine (used) the gentleman I bought it from had fabricated a dust port out of a heating duct. I just clamp it to the fence and when jointing I lodge it between the outfeed table and planer bed. It works great and only take 10 seconds to install. Congrats again.
    "When we build, let us think that we build forever." - Ruskin

Good for you. You're going to love it.

Hank

Craig--

Presuming you got it for $500 (or less if you worked a deal), think of it this way: you won't find a better small planer as compared to any of the "lunchbox" models (for roughly the same price) and you sure won't find a 10" jointer for this price. So you got both! The blades are resharpenable and you may want to pick up an extra HSS set from Jesse (along with the black plastic gear to keep as a spare).

Let us know how you like it.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Clemmons View Post
    Check out www.incamachines.com for information. Some owners manuals and a contact us link that might give you more info.
    While searching for a replacement gear assembly for my INCA 570 J/P (a machine that's served me well for twenty years), I happened upon this forum and the link above. I sent a query to Multico Sarl in the late afternoon on Friday, got a reply within two hours, sent payment by PayPal, and took delivery of the part today (Monday)! I live in the USA and wouldn't expect such service from a supplier here, let alone one in France.

That's great to hear they are selling parts.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Neil

+1 what Glenn says. I've dealt w/ the Incamachines site (Multico Sarl owns/produces Inca) and have had service that would one-up any U.S. supplier, including sending a free replacement button (and I'm not even the original owner of the machine)!