Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: buying an incra jig. need advice

Quote Originally Posted by keith ouellette View Post
    That is not quite what I had in mind. From the picture it seems like the right angle fence that holds the workpiece is attached to the main fence. Am I correct? What I have in mind is a little larger ad moves along slots in an auxiliary table and allows the work piece to slide up against the main fence as it is moved with each adjustment.
    Yep it attaches to the fence, I don't see how you could design something to slide on two axis and still be as accurate as the positioner system, seems like you would be re-engineering the whole rig so why even buy it in the first place? It would seem a whole lot easier and probably much cheaper to just buy a leigh jig or something else designed for large pieces if that is your primary source of work.

If you do come up with something I would be interested in seeing it though so post up some pics when your done!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Seckel View Post
    Yep it attaches to the fence, I don't see how you could design something to slide on two axis and still be as accurate as the positioner system, seems like you would be re-engineering the whole rig so why even buy it in the first place? It would seem a whole lot easier and probably much cheaper to just buy a leigh jig or something else designed for large pieces if that is your primary source of work.

If you do come up with something I would be interested in seeing it though so post up some pics when your done!
    It is the positioner and main fence that is important for most work along with the wonder fence. There isn't a dove tail jig largw enough for what I had in mind. I am saving some money for a new ts ls with joinery package but I have some other things to build before I start on this new idea.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Thank you Jim, thank you. I feel so much better about how long its taken me to finish my shop wiring.
    If you ever need someone to point to on things like that, keep me in mind!! I started my shop remodel 3 years ago this November. I've had a Delta 52-580 for over 3 years also...it's never been taken out of the box. I tend to buy things when they go on super close out savings if I have the cash available. As long as they don't rot, it saves some money in the long run. (52-580-Lowes close out for 209.00+tax) That's what I did with the Incra 25" Super System and Woodpecker PRL. Wish I could save enough money for a cabinet saw and wait for a deal! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.