Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Mutus View Post
    THIS JUST IN: Tom Brady will be playing in the superbowl even if he has to take snaps from a wheel chair.

Now that's honest reporting.

BUT!!!.......Will the chair have a camera on it?...Hmmmmm??????

Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    Easy solution.....Don't click on to it!!!!!!!!!!

734 replies....11,220 views Can't be wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding -- don't get your drawers in a knot - I am a football nut and ex H.S coach. But one should show some precaution in the amount of bragging they do .. Crow doesn't taste very well (Spoken from experience).
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 01-26-2008 at 10:33 PM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury View Post
    Just kidding -- don't get your drawers in a knot - I am a football nut and ex H.S coach. But one should show some precaution in the amount of bragging they do .. Crow doesn't taste very well (Spoken from experience).
    Spoken like a true Southern Gentleman.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury View Post

I'm 100% with you on that comment Ken. I was out at a sports bar last night and the conversation was obviously on the game. I found out that it seems that the majority of people don't hate the pats, but they hate the pats fans That kind of bummed me out.

Just this morning I had that discussion with my son...who is overseas right now. All his buddies say the same thing...The team is great...but the fans are horrible. Just look at sme of the comments here. We have a great team but are ruining the whole thing with this attitude. One of the reasons that I don't miss coaching.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    Just this morning I had that discussion with my son...who is overseas right now. All his buddies say the same thing...The team is great...but the fans are horrible. Just look at sme of the comments here. We have a great team but are ruining the whole thing with this attitude. One of the reasons that I don't miss coaching.
    i am not sure the fans are horrible. I know I have participated in this from the beginning, and I am not sure if I have said anything rude or obnoxious. But as a lifelong pats fan I hope that noone would ever accuse me of being an xxx when it comes to the pats. ( or the sox for that mater). My take on the game is like every pats fan i know personally.....this is going to be just like every other game we have played this year...i think we are ready to win, and i know we will give it our all....but i have no reason to believe that the giants will not do the same and its very possible we may not win...but I sure hope we do.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 01-28-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: profanity

Look, Here's the problem(s) Pats fans have. IMHO of course

#1 Perfection 18-0 And "possibly" about have the best season in NFL History.

#2 Brady is at the top of his game, and arguably having the best season as a QB ever

#3 The "Hoodie" is perceived to be an arrogant A-H#!e

#4 SpyGate

#5 New England We've always been seen as a bunch of stuffed shirts.

#6 Fans in New England LOVE sports and support their teams thorough thick and thin. They cheer hard for you when you up, and get on you hard when you down.

#7 The 21st Century has been VERY good for New ENgland fans in most sports To which I add Everyone one has to be something. The rest of the country is "JEALOUS"

New England Sports teams are on top, (for now) and we're going to let the rest of the country know it. I think we just handle all this better then any other area of the country.

All this equals love the team, hate the fans
    I think it is better to make something with modest tools and do your best, then to have great tools and do nothing.... how do you know what you can do if you don't try...Mark Singer

Modest tools and a lot of wood

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin French View Post
    New England Sports teams are on top, (for now) and we're going to let the rest of the country know it. I think we just handle all this better then any other area of the country.

Huh? That last part is a joke right? You can't be serious.

No matter what, people should realize that the silent majority of fans are good fans usually. It's the vocal minority that gets noticed more.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    Attitude????????

Gee guys...this is just sports and a bunch of people having a little fun. I think everybody is really over analyzing the whole thing. I think having a healthy dose of enthusiasm does not constitute bragging. Like Kevin says, we are wittnessing things that have never really happened in football and I think were handling it as conservative as can humanly possible. This is FOOTBALL and not a CHESS Match, ya know.
    Do you suppose the Texans in their barrooms were the epitome of sportsmenship when they were "talking" about their Cowboys when they were the top team?
    Well....maybe because it is Sunday morning that we are feeling too boastful?
    Anyways....When the rest of the country judges us on behavior...who do they see? Where does the media and their cameras focus on? Think about it.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    I think having a healthy dose of enthusiasm does not constitute bragging.
    To quote Matt Mutus; “Huh? That last part is a joke right? You can't be serious.”
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    To quote Matt Mutus; “Huh? That last part is a joke right? You can't be serious.”
    Don't ya just love these guys who haven't contributed much, if any, the whole season, and coming in here at the last minute to throw cheap shots.
    I say they should be given a PERSONAL FOUL and a ten yard penalty and be BENCHED until the Super Bowl is over.

Gary

It's hard to not admire the Pats team. That they've made it look easy is probably the highest compliment I can pay. They've just gone out and done whatever was required to win.

Belichick is easy to vilify. That he intentionally broke the league rules regarding video taping makes it all the easier to not like him. Respected, certainly. Liked? Only a Pats fan could like him. Shouldn't be hard for the Pats fans to understand.

At least the Pat's haven't come up with something analogous to the Cowboys "America's Team" moniker. Yet.

Yes the Sox, Pat's and Celtics are providing lots of entertainment lately. But the sweet taste of victory is soon washed away by the sour taste of crow.

I don't expect much humility round this neck of the woods, at least I've yet to see anything to give me hope. But I won't judge the Pats fans in whole by the few overzealous fans whose comments, presented anonymously, are amplified and distorted by shortcomings of an internet forum. I think we've all fallen prey to the trap.

I want to see the streak broken. Go Giants.

I want to see the streak broken. Go Giants.
    [/QUOTE]
    Gee Greg, I'm sorry to see that you feel that way. Most, if not all, of us Patriots fans were cheering your packers on and wishing them no ill repute. But hey, that's the kind of good-hearted fans we have here in New England.

Go Patriots!!!!

Gee Greg, I'm sorry to see that you feel that way. Most, if not all, of us Patriots fans were cheering your packers on and wishing them no ill repute. But hey, that's the kind of good-hearted fans we have here in New England.

Go Patriots!!!![/QUOTE]

Hey....I put Greg on my "ignore list"....so please don't quote his posts

Something tells me this game is going to come down to a last second FG...I hope not...but its just a gut feeling.