Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    A man in Topeka , Kan...
    The pastor, smiling benignly, replied : "Son, you're in Boston, Massachusetts now, home of the Boston Red Sox, the Patriots, Celtics, Bruins and Boston College! You're in God's Country, It's a local call."
    CAN I GET AN AMEN BROTHER
    I think it is better to make something with modest tools and do your best, then to have great tools and do nothing.... how do you know what you can do if you don't try...Mark Singer

Modest tools and a lot of wood

No doubt the Pats are on the verge of being the best team of this era of the NFL.

We'll just have to wait and see. Some of us think they still have to play AND win the SB before they are anointed the greatest team of the era.
    Last edited by Greg Peterson; 01-25-2008 at 7:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin French View Post
    CAN I GET AN AMEN BROTHER
    You sure can.....Amen

Nothing personal to any of you, but is there anyone who is any more tired of this thread than I am???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird View Post
    Nothing personal to any of you, but is there anyone who is any more tired of this thread than I am???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

8 days...22hours...26 minutes...

Sorry Nancy, but with no football this weekend, we're kinda stuck with this.

Nothing personal to you Nance but maybe you should just mosey over to the turner's forum. Personally, I like checking in to visit my football buddies. It's been a fantastic journey for over 4 months and now were building up to the climax.....

Gary
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 01-25-2008 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Peterson View Post
    "...They can be beat and NY gets a second chance at 'em.
    Yeah, so did my Chargers, but. . .

So now it's an East Coast SB. Hmm, wonder who I should root for? The team with the hottest QB in football, and Junior Seau [BTW, thanks for stopping Turner on a TD run] and Rodney Harrison. . .

or the team led by Eli "Don't bother to draft me 'cuz I refuse to play" Manning.

Hmmm . . . .

Mike
    If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.

Pats QB Controversy for SB

According to 'Sportscenter' Bill is concerned enough about Brady's ankle to call in other players to play QB in the SB. Seems Stallworth AND Welker have been approached to play QB.
    They allegedly have brought in Oklahoma's coach to teach Stallworth the Option play.

This could be bad.
    I think it is better to make something with modest tools and do your best, then to have great tools and do nothing.... how do you know what you can do if you don't try...Mark Singer

Brady takes
    a pass

The Patriots continued to play it safe with quarterback Tom Brady yesterday. Brady, who is recovering from a high right ankle sprain, was not present at the start of practice. Brady did not practice at all Thursday, according to a league source. The injury is considered minor and is not expected to keep Brady from playing in Super Bowl XLII Feb. 3 (Boston Globe, 12 a.m.
    The Pats Wizard predicts that Tom Brady will lead his team to their fourth Super Bowl win in 6 years.
    WHEEEEEEeeee

Brady will play. I wouldn't call the ankle story a ploy, but it probably does fall into the category of gamesmenship. Heck, give Belichick lemons and he'll make lemonade. He may even video tape it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin French View Post
    According to 'Sportscenter' Bill is concerned enough about Brady's ankle to call in other players to play QB in the SB. Seems Stallworth AND Welker have been approached to play QB.
    They allegedly have brought in Oklahoma's coach to teach Stallworth the Option play.

This could be bad.

These guy had ALL they could do to keep a straight face as the announced this.

THIS JUST IN: Tom Brady will be playing in the superbowl even if he has to take snaps from a wheel chair.

Now that's honest reporting.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    YES---- me
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury View Post

YES---- me
    Easy solution.....Don't click on to it!!!!!!!!!!

734 replies....11,220 views Can't be wrong!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 01-26-2008 at 9:58 PM.