Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin French View Post
    T
    I don't like Dallas. For me they are the Yankees of football, but I dislike the Mannings even more. So it was a tough game to watch. Dallas would screw up, I'd cheer, then remember I wanted them to win, I was so confused.
    x2...the entire game i just wanted them both to lose and i wanted eli to throw the game away and romo to do the same.

I predict TO will unload on romo in the next few days....i saw TO get some pretty crappy passes thrown his way today.

I know what you mean, Tim. Getting harder then heck to know who to root for. Man those Jags were tough. Don't want to put a jinx on anything , but next week is gonna seem easier, to me.
    Hey, what happened to Brian Weicks (spell) ?
    Gary

Bill hammers it home

Link|Comments (4) Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff January 15, 2008 02:09 PM
    FOXBOROUGH – One senses an edgy mood here at Gillette Stadium, and it appears that Bill Belichick came down hard on the players in a morning meeting. In the process, he drilled home the point that the Chargers are a dangerous team.
    “If he was a trial lawyer today, he won by a landslide,” fullback Heath Evans said.
    Evans said players were handed a stat sheet that included all the areas in which the Chargers have been impressive.
    “If fear is ever good, he put fear in us by what they’ve accomplished and what they’ve done consistently for the last two months,” Evans said.
    One statistic that stood to Evans was turnover differential.
    “I think he said they were 11- or 12-0 when they win the turnover battle,” Evans relayed. “Just that, as a running back, it’s more focus on ball security.”
    Copied this from the newspaper. BB still driving it home and not letting up.Recap a perfect season (so far)

Go Pats

Anybody getting anxious? I wonder if this thread will reach 10,000 views before the Super Bowl. Hard to believe we have over 600 posts. Do you suppose this thread is breaking as many records as Tom Brady and the Patriots have this season?
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 01-16-2008 at 11:33 PM.

Anxious?...NO WAY.

The Patriots suck hard cheese and they're sure to lose, just a matter of time.

(Today IS opposite day, right?)
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    Go Pats

Anybody getting anxious? I wonder if this thread will reach 10,000 views before the Super Bowl. Hard to believe we have over 600 posts. Do you suppose this thread is breaking as many records as Tom Brady and the Patriots have this season?
    I was VERY anxious leading up to the jacksonville game...pretty much all i thought about all week, I am a little calmer this week, but I will get there on saturday

Off To Lambeau Field...

Thanks to some very special friends, we have the honor of going (I still can't believe it). My husband and I are like kids waiting to open presents on Christmas morning! Anyone going to the game, would love to meet ya (we'll give directions to the tailgating spot). I know this is a N.E thread...would love to hear stories from anyone going to that game!

Check out Dick's story about being at the "Ice Bowl" in the "Go Pack Go" thread...he made the local paper...very cool!

Phyllis

GO PACKERS!

OOooooohohhhhhh VERY cool Phyllis, very cool. Congratulations. That should be a fantastically great time. Make sure you let us know how much fun you had when you get back.

Go Packers and Go Pats!
    Mark Rios

Well, it's been a great run, but I think the Pats undefeated season only has about 72 hrs. left to go.

The Rodney Dangerfields from the left coast are comin' to town.

JMO

Mike
    If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Armstrong View Post
    Well, it's been a great run, but I think the Pats undefeated season only has about 72 hrs. left to go.

JMO

Mike
    Well Mike, you never know, but the odds are not very favorable for the left coast team. I saw a picture in the newspaper today of the Chargers practicing wearing shorts. Ha! Ha! It is going to be around 8 degrees at game time, and Belichick has the Pats practicing outside for many days to get used to it.
    Plus we had a Saturday game last week and the Chargers played Sunday so there is one less day to rest and then there's the issue of all the travel time.......Oh, and last but not least....The New England Patriots are a far superior team,,,by a large margin. And were not all beat up ....we have the best quarterback in football...explosive offense..smart mature defense....great receiving unit....the smartest coach ..etc..etc...

Go Pats

Gary

hmmm... why can't I see the latest post here? Are chargers fans locked out?

Thanks,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Armstrong View Post

JMO

Mike

The Chargers!!!!???? against the Pats?????????? Oh Mike, you are just a silly man.

Mark Rios

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios View Post
    The Chargers!!!!???? against the Pats?????????? Oh Mike, you are just a silly man.

Sounds like someone is Delusional.

Hmm... Thursday evening. By now, doubt should be slipping into the minds of NE fans. Oh, and concerns. By Sunday evening, they may regret some of their more overzealous statements.

I do, though, have a bit of friendly advice for them. Back in the 80s, when it was the chargers winning all the time, we never felt comfortable unless they were *at least* three touchdowns ahead. Stuff happens...

...Like there was one year. They were like the #1 seed, and the oilers were just lucky to make the playoffs. Besides, the oilers' QB was hurt. Out. And their star running back... out. And their best receiver... out.

We were *certain* the game was in the bag.

I'm just saying....

Thanks,

Bill

. . . I saw a picture in the newspaper today of the Chargers practicing wearing shorts. Ha! Ha! It is going to be around 8 degrees at game time. . .
    Well, working out in shorts is as close as we can get to 8 deg. when it's 65 here!

. . Sounds like someone is delusional.
    Regardless, I think it'd be at least as good or maybe even a better game than the Super Bowl. After it's over, someone will be saying, "We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time." [Vince Lombardi]

We'll see.

Mike
    If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.