Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Sweat Gary......Sweat!
    No Sweat 21-14Did you see brady's fake and touchdown pass???? Unbelievable!!!!1
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 01-12-2008 at 9:57 PM.

i just want to see a 3 and out!!!

28-17 Patriots

i just want to see a 3 and out!!!

have i mentioned how i want a

3 and OUT!!!

next....

17-0 Yes Ah
    I think it is better to make something with modest tools and do your best, then to have great tools and do nothing.... how do you know what you can do if you don't try...Mark Singer

Modest tools and a lot of wood

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    next....
    Yup....Partying in Beantown Tonite!!!!!!

Woo Hooooo!!! Go Niners!!!!!..........................no Wait.....wait............dang, I keep forgetting.

That certainly was an exciting game for the Pats. But I gotta say, the early game with the Packers beating the Hawks, THAT was a great game. A real, barn burnin' snow game. The Packs never faltered but the Hawks also just seemed to not be able to deal with the elements. MMMM mmmmm, good stuff!

Poor Seahawks, go fly away home now. And to the Jags, go away kitty, kitty.

So I've been watching the last 6 or 7 Patriots games very closely and watching how their opponents try to outplay them. It seems to me that all of the Pats opponents, good teams all of them, come to the game with a pretty solid game plan that seems to be very good strategy. But, in my bonehead opinion, all of the teams just don't seem to be able to last against the Pats. It seems like the other teams use up all of their energy just trying to match the Pats with ALL their weapons and then they aren't able to continue to the end. The defense works REALLY hard to keep the Pats maintained with varying degrees of success. Then, after a while, the defense starts breaking down and then, to one degree or another, they get nervous, then frustrated and then they seem to get a defeated way about them. So then the offense has to try to play catch up and carry the team and it just snowballs downhill. Given that, I don't see the Colts OR the Chargers being able to overcome the Pats next week. While I'm rooting hard for the Colts (It would be nice to see a back-to-back win again) and I feel that they and the Packers are the only teams with a real shot at beating them, I'm not sure that I'll have any money on them next week.

If it turns out to be the Packers and the Patriots in the Superbowl, I'd only give a slight nod toward the Pats because the Packers seem to be able to take the game all the way to the end. I think the Pats would win but I think it would be close. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios View Post
    Woo Hooooo!!! Go Niners!!!!!..........................no Wait.....wait............dang, I keep forgetting.

If it turns out to be the Packers and the Patriots in the Superbowl, I'd only give a slight nod toward the Pats because the Packers seem to be able to take the game all the way to the end. I think the Pats would win but I think it would be close. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I don't think it would be as close as you might think...take favre out of the picture and the packers are a VERY young team....i think they would match up well against the pats in the regular season...but in the SB...i think they might be a little overwhelmed

Brady

ANOTHER RECORD FOR BRADY: HIGHEST PASSER RATING IN THE PLAYOFFS. 26-28 =.92 BEATING PHIL SIMMS 22-25 =.88

AS I'M WRITING THIS ESPN JUST REPORTED, THAT WAS BRADY'S 125th GAME. HE IS 99-26 OR A .792 WINNING AVERAGE (another record)
    I think it is better to make something with modest tools and do your best, then to have great tools and do nothing.... how do you know what you can do if you don't try...Mark Singer

12. What do us crybabies say?

Better luck next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Herview View Post
    Better luck next week.
    FOR WHO?

SPEAKING OF RECORDS. THERE'S THE HOODIE A .824 POST SEASON WINNING AVERAGE. 2nd ONLY TO SOMEONE NAMED VINCE LOMBARDI

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    I don't think it would be as close as you might think...take favre out of the picture and the packers are a VERY young team....i think they would match up well against the pats in the regular season...but in the SB...i think they might be a little overwhelmed

If you take Brady out of the picture,the Pats would be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT ANDREWS View Post
    If you take Brady out of the picture,the Pats would be lost.
    Scott I "THINK" what Tim is trying to say is that all GB has is Farve and a lot of youngsters. AND if they were in the SB with the Pats, the Pats secondary would overwhelm them.