Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

I seem to recall the Pats had their hands pretty full in week 17. We'll see.[/quote]

Greg
    You forgot about weeks 16,15,14,and the Eagles too.Go ELI.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT ANDREWS View Post
    I seem to recall the Pats had their hands pretty full in week 17. We'll see.

Greg
    You forgot about weeks 16,15,14,and the Eagles too.Go ELI.[/quote
    ]
    Game 14 20-10 Pats
    Game 15 28-7 Pats
    Game 17 31-20 Pats

Action speaks louder then words.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    ]
    Game 14 20-10 Pats
    Game 15 28-7 Pats
    Game 17 31-20 Pats

Stinkin' words!!!
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

The thing about Brady is the man KNOWS when he HAS to concentrate. Nobody is as focused as that guy. They say that not only does he know HIS plays but he knows what everybody else's assignment is, too. He is not only gifted...but smart, too. And he is one of the hardest workers in football
    uh oh - man crush alert!

"Greg
    You forgot about weeks 16,15,14,and the Eagles too.Go ELI."

Scott, I did not forget about previous weeks. I agree that what we saw from the Pats in the second half of the season was a shadow of the first half. That is obvious.

In the second half of the season they looked vulnerable in many instances, and the margin of victory fell considerably. They simply were not as dominant in the second half of the season (not just weeks 14,15 and 16) as they were in the first half.

Now whether that was a result of better scouting/coaching by opponents or the Pats just naturally wearing down over the course of a long, grueling season in which every opponent brings their A game, it's hard to say with a high degree of certainty. I think it is generally a combination of both.

The reason I singled out week seventeen Scott, is that this game represented the Pat's closest call in the season. And now they are getting a rematch with the one opponent that proved their greatest challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Peterson View Post
    The reason I singled out week seventeen Scott, is that this game represented the Pat's closest call in the season. And now they are getting a rematch with the one opponent that proved their greatest challenge.

I thought the CLOSEST game was week 12 against the Raven 27-24 and a last minute win.
    I think it is better to make something with modest tools and do your best, then to have great tools and do nothing.... how do you know what you can do if you don't try...Mark Singer

Modest tools and a lot of wood

Good call, Kevin, I stand corrected. Forgot about that one.

The Giants gave the Pats a good run for their money and a rematch so soon after letting that one slip away will undoubtedly be fresh in the Giants minds.

The SB will be a rematch of the week 17 game. Both teams have something at stake now.

Greg it doesn't matter what happened in the second half of the saeson and if the games got closer. The Pats made the corrections they needed, and found a way to win*. Yes people saw something in that 12th game that others were able to capitalize on, but the fact is the Pats won them ALL and No one can play with them for 60 minutes.

No brag, just fact.

*without the use of illegal cameras.
    I think it is better to make something with modest tools and do your best, then to have great tools and do nothing.... how do you know what you can do if you don't try...Mark Singer

"...it doesn't matter what happened in the second half of the saeson and if the games got closer."

Perhaps to you it doesn't. But the Pats performance dropped off precipitously in the second half of the season. They were able to make adjustments and still win the games. But their trend of dominating has been on the decline for some time. They are the favored team, but the coaches on both sides know full and well that the Pats are far more vulnerable now than they were back in September or October.

They can be beat and NY gets a second chance at 'em.

]
    Game 14 20-10 Pats
    Game 15 28-7 Pats
    Game 17 31-20 Pats

Geesh, I just realized that you have the wrong score for week 17. Thought you Pat's fans would have picked that apart by now. Score was closer than you represent, it was 38-35. Oops!

Week 1-8, margin of victory: 25.5
    Week 9-17, margin of victory: 13.9

2007 Season average margin of victory: 19.7

While impressive, there is clearly a drop off in their scoring. Meanwhile, points allowed increased from 127 to 147. So there has been a steady let down on both sides of the ball.

Their lowest points scored in the first half of the season was 38. In the second half the highest scores were one at 56 and one at 38.

The Pats are still the best team around and should be heavily favored to win. But they aren't quite the juggernaut they were earlier this season.

Didn't have time to look and see if this was already posted....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8guMii5Uuw

I've heard of diehard fans, but this guy is crazy

We do not measure games by the "week"..we measure it numerically. The 17 th game was the Patriot's 1st playoff game against the Jags which they were victorious by a score of 31-20.
    Also, so soon we forget the the NFL resheduled almost all of their second half games for late Saturday or Sunday nite therefore messing with their weekly regimen. Not only the toll of late games but away late games which also gave them less time to prepare and rest for the next game.
    Such is the life of a great team that everyone wants to see on prime-time TV. It is to their credit to keep on winning even when the league stacks the deck against them. Blow-outs are easy for a great team with warm weather and plenty of rest, which they had both during the first half of the season. I hope that clears that up for you casual fans.

Gary Go Pats

So glad a disinterested expert was able to weigh in on the subject.

The standard marker for the season is denoted by week number. If there were no bye week then game number and week number would be the same.

You skipped 'game' 16 Gary.

Wow, I've heard that it's a game of inches, but never I have heard it's a game of hours. Wow. That's about the best excuse I've heard in awhile now.

You sure it isn't a conspiracy by the NFL. After all, they are headquartered in NY, home of the Giants.

What a homer!

A man in Topeka , Kansas decided to write a book about Churches around the country. He started by flying to San Francisco and started working east from there. Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and making notes. He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall and was intrigued with a sign, which read 'Calls: $10,000 a minute.'

Seeking out the pastor he asked about the phone and the sign. The pastor answered that this golden phone is, in fact, a direct line to heaven and if he pays the price he can talk directly to God.

The man thanked the pastor and continued on his way. As he continued to visit churches in Seattle , Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, Milwaukee, and around the United States, he found more phones, with the same sign, and the same answer from each pastor.

Finally, he arrived in Massachusetts. Upon entering a church in Boston, MA ...........Behold - he saw the usual golden telephone. But THIS time, the sign read "Calls: .35 cents."

Fascinated, he asked to talk to the pastor, "Reverend, I have been in cities all across the country and in each church I have found this golden telephone and have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to God, but in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute. Your sign reads only .35 cents a call. Why? ;Why?"

The pastor, smiling benignly, replied : "Son, you're in Boston, Massachusetts now, home of the Boston Red Sox, the Patriots, Celtics, Bruins and Boston College! You're in God's Country, It's a local call."

LOOK people, spit out all all your fact, figures, stats, etc, etc...to no end

I DON'T CARE. You can talk about diminishing margins of wins

Slant the field so the Pats have to play uphill, INTO the wind for 4 qtrs, They'll find a way to win this year.

Mercury Morse, put a cork in it.

19-0 Baby

End-of-story. End-of-Rant.