Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin French View Post
    Greg Like I said I understand your point about having your thread stomped on by gloating winners.
    But also got to say as an 'Arm Chair QB' I don't see why he made that last throw. The shot from behind Farve looks bad even BEFORE he throws it. You CAN'T make that throw. Yes he said he 'under threw it'. But if you are FB, and your in OT, headed for the SB, you HAVE to put that ball over the defenders head even if you over throw your guy.

He Blew IT, and that wasn't his worst throw.
    Kevin...I think we have been real kind about Farve. You should have heard what the Boston Sports guys said about him on T.V. I'll PM you if you want to know. Sometimes the truth really hurts.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    ..........I say we should all bury the hatchet and just cheer our favorite team on to victory in the Super Bowl.
    Gary

Good idea Gary.

GO NINERS!!! No wait...sorry, I forgot again.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Someone posted this on another forum. Gary should get a kick out of this one, I know I did. (Again, this isn't my joke. I'm not this clever.)

JOKE:

Three quarterbacks, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo and Tom Brady, go to heaven to visit God to watch the Celtics play a game. God decides who will sit next to him by asking the boys a question... God asks Peyton Manning first: "What do you believe?" Peyton thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I was lucky, but I always tried to do right by my fans." God can't help but see the essential goodness of Manning, and offers him a seat to his left. Then God turns to Tony Romo and says, "What do you believe?" Tony says, "I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I've always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing fields." God is greatly moved by Tony's sincere eloquence, and he offers him a seat to his right. Finally, God turns to Tom Brady: "And you, Tom, what do you believe?" Tom replies, "I believe you're in my seat."
    Mark Rios

So....as I was paying for lunch yesterday while taking my daughter back to college...the total came to $21.12

I took that as a sign.

go pats!!!!

by the way it seems as though brady my have a dinged up ankle, you could just tell all day that something was wrong with him... now we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    So....as I was paying for lunch yesterday while taking my daughter back to college...the total came to $21.12

I took that as a sign.

go pats!!!!

Hilarious, Tim. You're a hoot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just saw a news report about Olympic sports qualifiers. Anybody know anything about football being in the Olympics this time? May be dream team like we had with basketball? Maybe the Patriots can make it 25-0 going into next season???????

Mark Rios

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios View Post
    Someone posted this on another forum. Gary should get a kick out of this one, I know I did. (Again, this isn't my joke. I'm not this clever.)

JOKE:

Three quarterbacks, Peyton Manning, Tony Romo and Tom Brady, go to heaven to visit God to watch the Celtics play a game. God decides who will sit next to him by asking the boys a question... God asks Peyton Manning first: "What do you believe?" Peyton thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I was lucky, but I always tried to do right by my fans." God can't help but see the essential goodness of Manning, and offers him a seat to his left. Then God turns to Tony Romo and says, "What do you believe?" Tony says, "I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I've always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing fields." God is greatly moved by Tony's sincere eloquence, and he offers him a seat to his right. Finally, God turns to Tom Brady: "And you, Tom, what do you believe?" Tom replies, "I believe you're in my seat."
    LOL Good one Mark....

Gary

Just read a statistic that I thought I would share. Most playoff victories within a decade.

Most playoff wins in a decade:
    Patriots (2000s) -- 14
    Cowboys (1970s) -- 14
    Steelers (1970s) -- 14
    49ers (1980s) -- 13
    Cowboys (1990s) -- 12
    Redskins (1980s) -- 11
    Bills (1990s) -- 10
    Packers (1960s) -- 9
    Packers (1990s) -- 9
    Don't forget that the Patriots still have another year to add to the total.

Go Pats

"Hey Peterson...read it again. I was defending Brady...that's all. Also I was rooting for the Packers to win...if you bothered to really read my posts. I said straight out that I wanted a Pats-Packers SB."

I did read your post. Here it is, in its entirety:

"18 games and nobody has rained on the Patriots, yet. I know I will get some flack for saying this but everybody at work was saying the same thing: Why weren't the Packers more conservative in overtime? Who was in charge, the coach or Favre? Why throw that softball up to be intercepted? ALL they had to do is run enough good plays to get to field goal position.
    Don't get mad. We all just don't understand, that's all. Someone earlier in the season said they preferred Favre's cowboy slinging style instead of smart execution. OK. The Patriots run like a well oiled machine....but there is alot of practice and alot of smarts that go into it.
    Anyways, the Packers fought gallantly, and all the fans can be very proud.
    Gary"

What in the world does the Pats 18 games and so on... have to do with the price of beans in Boston? You even said you EXPECTED to get 'some flack for saying this'. It wasn't what you said (everyone knows Favre is a cowboy), it was were you said it. Could have just posted that in your Pats thread. No need grinding salt into an open wound.

Besides, Brady wasn't even mentioned anywhere in the Packers thread. The only one mentioning Brady was you, and that was out of the clear blue. Us Packers fans were complimentary of both the Giants and Packers. We were all being gracious in defeat.

And while your final sentence was complimentary, everything prior to that was simply taunting.

Unsportsman like conduct - taunting after defeat. Fifteen yards, loss of down.

LOL Gentlemen ...don't pay any attention to the poor loser above me

There is a world of difference between honest criticism and taunting. There is also a difference between honest criticism and analyzing a situation.

Here in the Boston area, people with thin skins won't last long. Bostonians are sometimes demanding and set their standards high. What looks like demeaning language to some people is just constructive criticism to us.
    If we see a weakness or something "not right" we ask what we can do to fix it. We once had a quarterback named Tony Eason that got critized right out of town, literally.

Sentimentality is well and fine....but sometimes you have to look at a problem and fix it and not cry about it.
    Time for some people to stop their whining, and look forward to the next season. Some good draft picks and some wise free agent acquisitions will do more good then laboring over the past. IMNSHO

Gary

Not sure what I have said about the Packers/Giants game that could be construed as poor losing. You would be unable to produce any posts relating to the games to substantiate your accusation.

Folks butting in and bragging about how great their team is at the expense of others is a different matter, IMO.

Your arrogance is surpassed only by your selective observations of the facts.

Have to give you credit though, you do know how to push my buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Peterson View Post
    Not sure what I have said about the Packers/Giants game that could be construed as poor losing. You would be unable to produce any posts relating to the games to substantiate your accusation.

Folks butting in and bragging about how great their team is at the expense of others is a different matter, IMO.

Your arrogance is surpassed only by your selective observations of the facts.

Have to give you credit though, you do know how to push my buttons.
    Might be time to mosey on back to the packers thread Greg.

Might be time to mosey on back to the packers thread Greg.
    I agree Tim....We have been patient with this guy for over 4 months, and then you say something on the other thread and he cries.

Gary
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 01-23-2008 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    Just read a statistic that I thought I would share. Most playoff victories within a decade.

Most playoff wins in a decade:
    Patriots (2000s) -- 14
    Cowboys (1970s) -- 14
    Steelers (1970s) -- 14
    49ers (1980s) -- 13
    Cowboys (1990s) -- 12
    Redskins (1980s) -- 11
    Bills (1990s) -- 10
    Packers (1960s) -- 9
    Packers (1990s) -- 9
    Don't forget that the Patriots still have another year to add to the total.

Go Pats
    Mean while....let's talk about positive things!!!!!! Go Pats!!!!

I am not stupid enough to predict a victory, but here are some reasons why the Pats might win

Green Bay had ONE third down conversion in 10 tries
    Take away the one 90 yard pass play which I think was mostly yards after the catch and they had 130 yards passing...
    Green Bay had 36 yards rushing....
    Green Bay had the ball for 20 minutes....

The last time the pats played a team that had stats that bad...they beat the redskins 52-7

I am not stupid enough to predict a victory, but here are some reasons why the Pats might win

Green Bay had ONE third down conversion in 10 tries
    Take away the one 90 yard pass play which I think was mostly yards after the catch and they had 130 yards passing...
    Green Bay had 36 yards rushing....
    Green Bay had the ball for 20 minutes....

The last time the pats played a team that had stats that bad...they beat the redskins 52-7
    Tim...your not being sensitive to GB's feelings.....LOL... Sometimes the facts are hard to swallow...I have a feeling your going to see some real razzle and dazzle down there in Arizona ....
    Here's a little song for the greatest team in a long time ( some say ever).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGbua9TV18c