Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758

Thread: N.E. Patriots

Have all you die-hard Patriots fans recovered from the loss hangover? Actually I felt about normal last nite and now I'm looking forward to draft day. I know it sounds a little weird but I like to put the TV on during draft day while I'm doing something else ...like woodworking.
    I usually don't pay much attention to the TV until it is getting close to our turn to pick. You can learn alot by who and what position the Patriots are picking.

Gary

The loss is horrible for Pats fans and unfortunately there is no way around that. You just gotta wait for the sting to go away. But it definitely will and you'll be back to cheering for the team again in no time.

And look at it this way, the Patriots have been to 4 of the last 7 superbowls and won 3 of them! Most other fans would love to be able to say the just won 1. So the loss is bitter, but overall times are still pretty excellent in Patriot land. On top of that you guys had not one but two red sox championships since 04, so life is really not that bad.

RE: Belichek, I've heard Pat fans trying to defend him (and I would too if he was my team's coach) but sorry his poor sportsmanship displayed in losing his first superbowl is well noted in history now. Again not the end of the world, but people will remember that... along with running up fourth quarter scores during this not-quite-perfect season. Not a knock against fans at all or even the players, just Belicheck. Happy to see him lose.

Lastly hats off to the Giants for not only believing in themselves but executing on the field as they beat four straight teams on the road - who were a combined 51-13 during the reg. season. They definitely earned the right to be called champions and that's what it's all about. I've been watching Michael Strahan for 15 years and it's great to see him finally get a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Mutus View Post
    The loss is horrible for Pats fans and unfortunately there is no way around that. You just gotta wait for the sting to go away. But it definitely will and you'll be back to cheering for the team again in no time.

And look at it this way, the Patriots have been to 4 of the last 7 superbowls and won 3 of them! Most other fans would love to be able to say the just won 1. So the loss is bitter, but overall times are still pretty excellent in Patriot land. On top of that you guys had not one but two red sox championships since 04, so life is really not that bad.

RE: Belichek, I've heard Pat fans trying to defend him (and I would too if he was my team's coach) but sorry his poor sportsmanship displayed in losing his first superbowl is well noted in history now. Again not the end of the world, but people will remember that... along with running up fourth quarter scores during this not-quite-perfect season. Not a knock against fans at all or even the players, just Belicheck. Happy to see him lose.

Lastly hats off to the Giants for not only believing in themselves but executing on the field as they beat four straight teams on the road - who were a combined 51-13 during the reg. season. They definitely earned the right to be called champions and that's what it's all about. I've been watching Michael Strahan for 15 years and it's great to see him finally get a ring.
    Well Matt...The sting has dissipated enough for me to reflect on the current situation. 19-0 would have been a record that will probably would have lasted forever however, I am proud of our season and let me remind a few who have forgetten: No other team in history has ever had a 16-0 regular season. Also, a Super Bowl win would have been great but being in the Super Bowl 4 times in this Century and winning 3 is an accomplishment to be proud of. IMNSHO
    Gary
    Go Pats
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 02-09-2008 at 1:09 PM.

"Senator Arlen Specter finally met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell yesterday to discuss the league's handling of its investigation into "Spygate," and according to Specter, he was told the Patriots taping of opposing teams' signals had been going on since 2000, when Bill Belichick took over as coach. Goodell said yesterday that Belichick told him he believed the taping was legal, implying he's been doing it since he has been coach."

This explains why their offense has always been so good under Belichick. Wonder how great their defense would have been if they had taped the offensive signals too?

For a coach that is considered to be such a genuis, I wonder how he could not know that taping was illegal, even after the commissioner sent out a letter reiterating that taping opponents signals is illegal?

I guess we'll have to apply the asterisk to a few SB titles. Lolololo.

They did not look that good in the first 2 wins but a "W" is a "W". GO PATS

Hate to point out the obvious, but this was a 5 year old thread!
    I am not saying go kill all the stupid people......
    I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.