Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: N.E. Patriots

I get off at 6:00 central, so if I "fly low" on the I-State home, I might be able to catch it. Be about 6:45 central before home. The last half is the important one anyways, right?????
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

Quote Originally Posted by mark page View Post
    The last half is the important one anyways, right?????
    Right!! Actually, I think the last 10 seconds are usually the most important--if the score is close.

Nancy (59 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Mark,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the game starts at 3:15 central time. Long time Colts fan here. We could lose at any time and NE looks incredible right now, but you can never count Peyton out. Might be just as well to lose to NE during the season. It's really hard to beat a quality team twice the same year. Nevertheless here's hoping for an undefeated season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Gooden View Post
    Mark,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the game starts at 3:15 central time. Long time Colts fan here. We could lose at any time and NE looks incredible right now, but you can never count Peyton out. Might be just as well to lose to NE during the season. It's really hard to beat a quality team twice the same year. Nevertheless here's hoping for an undefeated season.
    I haven't seen the Colts play yet this year...but as a long time Pats fan I can say that this is easily the best pats team I have ever seen...if not the best team ever period. So with that said...lets get it on!!! Only problem will be the week of hype leading up to it...hopefully I can leave the TV off until the kick-off

go sox!!!

Well to be down-right honest. The Ben Franklin balance scale of my preference has to go with the Colts. But it's not very darn much. I have followed the Colt's since the East Coast. But I love both teams and I will not curse any team that does not win. Like I said before, this will be the game of the season to watch, sans the Super Bowl. I just hope it will not be a run-a-way game and will be a couch-edge-seater to give the most theatrical phenomenon. Those games are the best!!!!! Both Manning and Brady are great in their fields. What I want to see is another "Miami game effect from the 70"s when Czonka moved a pile of bodies, and couldn't see him" I guess just dreamin there, lol.
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

OK Patriot fans..Week 8 is fast approaching. It will be interesting to see how the Pat receivers do against the so-called "physical" Redskins defenders. It is a 4:14 PM game tomorrow so LOML will have pre-game plans for us. Oh well...take advantage of weekend daylight.

Go Pats!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh Four more hours to kick-off.

14-0 Patriots. Don't want to sound too cocky, but Redskins haven't impressed me so far. But the tide can change any minute in the NFL.
    AWESOME Redskins turnover -Pats field goal 17-0

24-0 Halftime score.
    Third Quarter....38-0
    Fourth Quarter 52-7 There goes the shut-out
    We now have our 3rd string quarterback in there to finish the game

Looks like a 52-7 game.
    Bring on the Colts!!!!!
    Last edited by Gary Keedwell; 10-28-2007 at 7:17 PM.

That wasn't a football game, it was a snuff film.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Wasn't much of a game. Took the dog for a nice Autumn walk out on Powell Butte. Beautiful day. When I got home, the score was 38-0. I sat down and took a nap. Pretty nice nap BTW. When I woke I saw the final score and realized that I had indeed spent my time wisely today.

Colts/Pats should be a good one.

Hey guys...you heard it first right here on SMC...Forget the pseudo hype about the colts and Pats game being a barn burner....It will be a yawner because the Pats are for real this year and the colts are going to the wood shed. Wow, did I say that
    Gary

Pats may very well win the game next week but the Colts have already won the "Class Act" of the NFL. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Gooden View Post
    Pats may very well win the game next week but the Colts have already won the "Class Act" of the NFL. Should be fun.
    I don't know about that Rick. Pat's coaching staff keeps the boys humble and focused. You don't see alot of trashy celebrating or any of that crap. Remember , we have been the champs a few times in the recent past so this isn't new territory.
    We'er just worried that we'll run out of fingers to put all the rings
    Gary

Gary,

No doubt the Pats have been the best team overall for quite some time and my hats off to them. When I talk about the Colts it's admiration for the class they show in every respect, win or lose, all the good they do for the community and the fact that we only hear positive things about the coach and the program. Even though we don't stand a chance next
    Sunday I will be watching the game.

I've always admired Tony Dungy. He has always had an air of class and dignity about him that is rare to find in any profession, let alone the NFL. It was great to see him win finally a Superbowl.

I am impressed with the Pats discipline and focus. Not an easy task, but they do make it look easy. They are absolutely a great team.

But Tony Dungy is a great man in ways that matter most.

Go Pack Go.