Thread: Offset Wrench or Xtreme Xtension?

Question Offset Wrench or Xtreme Xtension?

Has anyone used both of these and could offer advise on which is the better choice? I am going to mount a DW625 router to a Plunge Lift and just realized that one of these would make bit changing easier.

2. I have the xtreme extension and I can truly say that I am not all that happy with it. I bought it thinking it would be easier to put in router bits in my M12V. Boy, it made the vibration in the router from hardly anything to bouncing out the little metal disk in my incra router plate, that covers the hole for my router raizer lifter. I would rather have an offset wrench.

Just my $0.02
    Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Postmus View Post
    I have the xtreme extension and I can truly say that I am not all that happy with it. I bought it thinking it would be easier to put in router bits in my M12V. Boy, it made the vibration in the router from hardly anything to bouncing out the little metal disk in my incra router plate, that covers the hole for my router raizer lifter. I would rather have an offset wrench.
    Are you sure it isn't defective? They don't look that big. My M12V has basically no vibration. I was thinking of getting the xtreme extention and would like to know.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 09-29-2007 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tagging

Vibration Sounds Bad...

I never thought about vibration and I was leaning towards this option as it looked better than the wrench. Keith asks a very good question. I looked Woodpeck and they say it is balanced; if this is true then it should not vibrate. This is very interesting. Thanks.

The device comes with a set of instructions that tells what to do if it vibrates. I followed the directions and had mine runing as smooth as if it were the original collet. I used the Xtreme Xtension for several months before building a new table top, making it unnecessary. No complaints.

6. vibration

I have an extreme extension. I followed instructions several times over. I even replaced the bearings in my Makita 3612. The instructions suggested that slowing the speed may be necessary. I do this and can get by but would not recommend the item.

Randall

Offset wrenches from Woodpeckers for me...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...