Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: woodworking dvd's

Angry woodworking dvd's

Hi all, can anybody tell me where I can buy Woodworking dvd's. I went about ordering 3 dvd's on another site, they cost $19.75 each which is the norm, but the wanted $25.35 shipping which I cant understand. O K, shipping is to Ireland but unless one of the office staff is bringing them over to deliver by hand that seems way out.
    Iordered some plans from another company and the package was twice the size of dvd's and they only charged $10.00. What do you think am I being ripped off. Regds. Boysie
    I am NEVER always right but i'm ALWAYS never wrong.

Blog Entries
    Not sure which ones you want, but I get mine from Craftsman studio. They seem to have the cheapest prices and free shipping for US.
    Fast, Neat, Average
    Friendly, Good, Good

DVD's

Hi Don, Yes I believe there is but it's not the same as the one's in the US.
    I tried to buy something related to woodworking off them and they dont carry stock they have to order it for you. Plus with the differance between the Euro and Stg. it would be much the same. Regds. Boysie

Have you tried ebay. I've bought fine wood working mags there in great shape at a cost of <$1.60 a piece with shipping. Someone may have wood working videos also

Thanks Randy will check out Craftsman, Regds. Boysie

dvd

Thanks Keith, have never bothered with ebay ,will give them a try tks. Regds.Boysie
    PS sorry about being late to answer the cloks in Ireland are somwhat different not sure who's ahead, it must be me otherwise you'd have answered the question before I asked HA HA.

7. I realize you want to buy the dvds, but you might consider Smartflix, which rents them on woodworking, along with most other trades, hobbies, etc. Each one is $10 and includes shipping both ways, and you have it (them) for a week. Smartflix's business models are Amazon and Netflix, and my experience with the company has been excellent. In fact, I have become addicted to renting them. What I have discovered, is that there are videos which sound great but when you see them, wow, how wrong can you be in your expectations. My hope this helps with disclaimer: not affiliated in any way except as a customer. Larry R

re smartfix.

Hi Larry,that would be a great idea I will check it out. It may be that the postage end of it could be a problem,taking into account the time it takes to get here and then the return post it would probly be over the limit. But I'll check it out ,Thanks for your help Regds. Boysie Slan Leat.

Blog Entries
    Another thought; Finewoodworking.com has videos that are constantly added to. I find many techniques and examples via video there that I think are quite satisfactory. I think I pay around $35 USD annually for access to everything they've got.

http://store.taunton.com/onlinestore...findex.aspx%3f
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

DVDs

The Rockler and Woodcraft stores in our area also sell DVDs.

11. Smile

Not so. I live in Portland, Or., and they do business in New England, and dvds come pretty fast, considering. I have been eating up dvds with them; they are really very good, very competent, and boy do I sound like a shill. Larry

12. Eugene, I forgot to add. I did say shipping is free both ways. If you wanted to experiment with them, just get one for $10--just be sure you return the dvd within one week. Larry

i've bought all my dvd's from hartville tool. taunton dvd's are about $16 each and the selection is decent. plus, if you are a woodnet forum member, you get a 15% discount -- just write "woodnet15" on your checkout in the special orders box and they will deduct it for you. nice folks, great service.

now *i* sound like a shill, but i have been very happy with them and i think their prices can be terrific.

i don't know what the shipping to ireland is but you could call them and ask.
    taunton dvd's page:
    http://www.hartvilletool.com/category/828

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence rottersman View Post
    Eugene, I forgot to add. I did say shipping is free both ways. If you wanted to experiment with them, just get one for $10--just be sure you return the dvd within one week. Larry
    Larry,thks, for advise will give it a go .Some day I will fill you in on the postal service here in Ireland its by one of our comedians but its not too far out. Regds. Boysie Slan Leat.

Thumbs up re dvd's

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Another thought; Finewoodworking.com has videos that are constantly added to. I find many techniques and examples via video there that I think are quite satisfactory. I think I pay around $35 USD annually for access to everything they've got.

http://store.taunton.com/onlinestore...findex.aspx%3f
    GLENN, thanks for your imput, I have a 3yrs. sub. to FWW magezine and thought this covered everything untill you mentioned paying extra.I've checked with them and they are requoting me which will give complete access. Regds. Boysie Slan Leat.