Thread: Music box, brass plaques and movements

Music box, brass plaques and movements

If this post is in the wrong place, feel free to move it. Since it is for a woodworking project, I didn't think it belonged in off-topic discussions.

Anyone out there make engraved brass plaques like the kind you'd find on a trophy? I am making a music box for my wife for our anniversary and I'd like to put a small plaque in the lid.

On a separate, yet related note. I bought a 72 not music box movement from Rockler a while back. It comes with all the levers and such to work the shut-off, but either it didn't come with instructions or I have misplaced them. Any one know how they go together? The bag of screws and levers isn't being very helpful. Well, OK, I *know* where the knob goes to wind it

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Scott

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Lingle View Post
    Anyone out there make engraved brass plaques like the kind you'd find on a trophy? I am making a music box for my wife for our anniversary and I'd like to put a small plaque in the lid.

Scott
    Most local trophy shops will engrave a brass nameplate for you for a few bucks Price will vary according to size and number of lines of text.

Sorry I can't help with your music box movement, did you try contacting Rocklers???
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks Lee. I was going to try a trophy shop next. I was just curious whether creekers were interested in the business. I haven't actually called Rockler yet about the instructions. That'll probably be what happenes tonight.

Thanks,
    Scott