Thread: tablesaw base ideas

tablesaw base ideas

I'm new to the forum. Lots of great advice and knowledge here. Enjoying all of you all's postings. I've got a delta contractor saw 380 model. I want to build a mobile base cabinet for it. I'm hoping you all can give me some ideas. Thanks Lewis

WOOD Magazine has several options in their WOOD Mall that have been around for some time. (www.woodmagazine.com) The New Yankee Workshop (www.newyankee.com) also has a design.

Oh, and welcome to the 'Creek!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hello Lewis,

Welcome to da Creek! Have you made any dust with your saw yet?

Check out this link..... http://www.binkyswoodworking.com/TblSawCab.html

Did you ever find any cast wings?
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

Here's the cabinet I designed and built when I still had my contractor saw. If you're interested, I'll send you the detailed dimensions, but the image will give you an idea of the unit. The top center section is for dist collection. The other compartments are drawers for various storage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

thanks guys for the information. Some great sites. Mike, I've decided to keep the set up as is for now and not do the wings until I can find some local used ones. I bought the saw from a guy who had it set up just right. He spent a great deal of time to get everything aligned just right (seems to know what he's doing) so, I'll leave it as is for now. He did have a chensey blade on it, so, I replaced it with a fresh 40t carbide high performance fuel injected one. Working great!

I like the cabinet ideas, especially Bill's. Probably do a takeoff of his and the one on Binky's site. Thanks. When I get computer saavy I'll post some pics. Lewis

The cabinet Bill showed has a great DC setup with the "V". The best way to do the contractors saw DC without getting into some complex compound angles for minor gains(which you could add to it if you wanted). If you think you will ever care about DC, then start with that part of his design and decide if you want to change anything around it to store extra fence rails, miter gage setups, featherboards or use one of the open cabinets to store an awkward tool(less often used benchtop tool, pancake compressor, shopvac, mortiser, router dovetail jig,etc.) or add a DC cabinet/shroud for a router wing extension. If you want to keep the project simple then go for his design, maybe screw a cleat down on the top of each end of the cabinet so stored miter gages or fences have less chance of falling off, and build it.