Thread: Sticky Threads

Sticky Threads

I guess this is a bit touchy, so I'll be as polite as possible. I really get tired of seeing the "sticky" threads. We now have 4 and they now take over 1/3 of the initial message screen. I appreciate the news, free offers, and new member stuff, but we have a free stuff forum, it seems like new member stuff could be elsewhere, and the group buy ended a few days ago. Not to pick on these threads, but others in the past hung around as well. Hopefully this is only taken as constructive, but it would clean up the screen. It seems better to make an announcement and let the thread go as it will. I also understand there are times it is important to leave a message at the top for a few days. I posted here, because this is where the stickys are.

John

John,

Here is an idea: Use "View New Posts" as a way to check the forum. It is located in the upper right corner in boldface type.

I've done this for about the past month and I really like reading this board using that feature. Basically, you don't care what forum a new message was posted to and it won't contain any Stickys!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Yea, the Micro-Jig thing could go as well as the guests please read piece. I think they should have a 7 day limit. JMO though!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Sticky Threads

I hear Ya

I'll unstick a few of the messages, we'll just call it housecleaning

Hi John

If you want to view the powertool forum and you are interested in threads which have something you haven't read use the following URL

<pre>http://www.sawmillcreek.org/search.php?do=getnew&forumid=3</pre>
    There are a lot of other options which you can use but this works for me and is the url I have bookmarked.

Thanks
    The Large print givith
    and the fine print takith away

Richard,

That is basically what the "view new posts" does however I see it is specifically for the power tool forum...COOL! Thanks for sharing.

One click saved...now why didn't I think of that? Thanks Richard!
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Thanks guys,

Richard and Chris the tips and links work great. Keith, I know you have a full plate, thanks for getting on it.

John

John,

I had to add another FreeStuff Drawing tonight. We normally Stick these threads until the drawing is done and then move them to the FreeStuff Forum.

Keith,

I think the FreeStuff work to be made Sticky's...I would sure hate to miss out on something I might win...since I never win anything!