Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wiring a 3 phase motor without diagram

rick, thanks again for the advice. the machine is a green machine I which is the granddaddy of the ecopress. after speaking with their machinery liaison i believe the order of release was: green machine I, green machine II, unipress and ecopress. i already have two ecopresses (a manual from true32 when they were running a half-off sale and a pneumatic that came from a pawnshop) that are set up for boring drawer fronts and the suspension brackets, but i wanted another one to devote to boring for levelling feet. i modified my drill press with an add-on euroeze attachment from woodworker.com to bore for blum inserta hinges. that reminds me, i have to figure out how to knock the forstner bit out of the spindle as the set screw appears long gone but the bit is still stuck in there as if it were almost welded!

the machine is fully pneumatic. i suspect that the motor stays engaged throughout the plunging process. i'll shoot some pics later on this evening.

you only had to purchase 300 hinges?!? maybe i should change suppliers!

2. My apologies Frank, I had assumed that this was likely your first introduction to hinge boring machines. Most woodworkers on the forums have never heard of these, let alone own 3 or 4 of them already.

It's been over 10 years since I bought my EcoPress, but it was a deal that I just couldn't pass up. I am pretty sure it was only 300 hinges that I had to buy in order to get the price reduction. I was running a small cabinet shop at the time, but have since reverted it back to hobby status.

I built a rolling cart as a hinging station with 20 drawers across the front for various cups and backplates, and recessed the EcoPress into the table for handling large doors. But because the cart weights several hundred pounds, it isn't terribly portable.

I don't know if this would be a good idea or not, but to break the bit loose, you might try boring with it. You would just need to be careful to not let is spin too much.

3. PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send you a PDF that has lots of info

rick, i STILL CANNOT BELIEVE the deal you got on that ecopress! did you get the manual or the pneumatic? if i could buy another one, i would prefer to get another 110 volt manual - it's so nice NOT to have to fire up the air compressor although the pneumatic hold downs are pretty neat when they snap down on the panel! your suggestion of boring with it to loosen the bit isn't a bad one if i could just get the BEAST started...

Not as good as Ricks deal,
    but I believe Salice still has their deals on machines.
    Buy 300 hinges a month for 24 months, and the machine is free.

You gotta use a lot of hinges though to justify the deal.

Normally the machines they sell are around $1000.00, last I checked, which was about two years ago.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Buy 300 hinges a month for 24 months, and the machine is free.
    Hmmm. I didn't dig to deep into a wholesale catalog that carries Salice hinges, but aren't salice hinges with a baseplate between $1.50 and $2.00 apiece for the standard set? This works out to spending $11,000 to $15,000 over two years for a $1000 machine. What's worse, if you are doing that kind of volume, the manual press is not going to suit your needs. That's in the ballpark of 36 kitchens a year, or almost one a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Christopherson View Post
    Hmmm. I didn't dig to deep into a wholesale catalog that carries Salice hinges, but aren't salice hinges with a baseplate between $1.50 and $2.00 apiece for the standard set? This works out to spending $11,000 to $15,000 over two years for a $1000 machine. What's worse, if you are doing that kind of volume, the manual press is not going to suit your needs. That's in the ballpark of 36 kitchens a year, or almost one a week.
    Rick. I use the one-piece hinge, 3-way adjust.
    $.76 each in bulk.

24 months, approximately $5473.00

Well, that's a fair amount of pocket change there, Steve! I'm wondering how much I need to buy from HDL USA to get the new manual hinge boring press from Blum.

Quote Originally Posted by frank shic View Post
    Well, that's a fair amount of pocket change there, Steve! I'm wondering how much I need to buy from HDL USA to get the new manual hinge boring press from Blum.

Not sure Frank. Give them guys at HDL a phone call.
    They are very helpful.

Have you searched ebay for a machine?
    Lately there has been all flavors.

steve, after this experience, i would like to stay away from three phase machinery if at all possible!

There has been several that were single phase.

I have a machine.
    I've been watching the auctions for another machine for another cabinet maker.