This is more for curiosity than anything, as I have been wondering about this for days..

First off, please understand that I am simply in this for enjoyment. I do not consider myself knowledgable or talented enough to make a living at fine woodworking. But for those of you who are (one or both)...

How did you get started in this, and do you do only cabinetry, or do you do cabinetry and furniture, or a little of any and everything?

Looking back over the past couple of years in particular, there seems to be more than enough work for an able body who could work expeditiously enough to get enough projects done in a month's time. I find myself getting fairly requent requests for either a) some custom piece of furniture that they saw and liked, b) small cabinet jobs, or c) furniture/cabinet repairs (not stuff I have built, but usually mass-produced stuff).

I only have a few hours a week to work in the shop if I am lucky, and I suppose I secretly fantasize about doing it full time, but then again am snapped back to reality when I realize my limitations mentioned above.

So, if you are doing this or some form of it full time, what all exactly do you do? Just furniture or just cabinetry, or some of both and everything else?

Irv