Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sears 17" DP on Sale! $180

Before everyone gets worked up I am sure this was a mistake and if some stores honor it than go for it But I would not push the issue to the point of getting so upset. I have worked in retail a long time and have seen a few people (employees) get fired for such a mistake. Is a good deal worth someone losing their job they may have had for 20 years?? Like I said if they honor it at the point of sale, GREAT!!!

Looks like this was a mistake and the drill press has been removed from the Sears web site. I shoulda jumped on it earlier!

Blog Entries
    Wow, couldn't pass it up. My local store has it in stock, and I just ordered one for pick up.

Anyone want to buy a good benchtop unit around the Kansas City area?
    My continuing search for old tools- rusthunter dot com

4. Just returned from my local Sears store. It is a misprint. Oddly though, they knew about the misprint this morning, and they still had the sale price displayed at $179. I went to the sales desk and told the salesman that I wanted one, he told me it was a pricing error. I ordered online and haven't received the pick up order yet.

Now another odd thing, about how I was treated in the same store yesterday. I went to return a ratcheting copper tubing/pipe cutter that I had bought for a project on July 9th. The tool was unused, and the package was unopened and perfect as the day I purchased it, IOW they could put it on the shelf again and resell it. I DID have my reciept also. I was 4 days past the return policy deadline. AFter trying to talk sense into the cashier, I asked to speak to the store manager. The assistant store manager told me they cannot give me a refund..."company policy". Okay no problem, a store credit is fine, I say. "NO...I cannot do that either, it is 4 days past the return date and the register/computer will not let her issue a return of any kind, company policy", she tells me. I go through the whole, "I have been a good customer for many years..." nope that didn't help either. I asked why she would make a customer dissatisfied when I was being completely upfront, I had my reciept, I have been a long time customer of Sears, and that it would make sense, as the item was unused and unopened, to do a manual/manager over ride and just issue a store credit/gift card. "No I cannot do that IT IS COMPANY POLICY" I ask then to speak to the store manager, "I am the store manager". I finally get it out of her that she is not in fact the store manager, and I am informed that I will have to come back tomorrow (today) and speak to the store manager. I return today to speak to the manager, to return the item and pick up my drill press. I returned the item, as the cahier today knew more about how to issue an in store credit than the assistant manager that argued with me yesterday. The moral, if the company policy, is to strictly follow company policy, and forget about the customer or their satisfaction, then shouldn't they be made to honor the deal on the drill press? I didn't pursue the matter though, I was pretty much fed up. I was very polite with the salespeople that I spoke to, but it is very frustrating. Good Luck to all, hope you get your drill press.

I picked mine up a couple hours ago, and now it's all put together. I ordered it online and chose to pick it up myself. Instead of calling a salesman at the store, I called merchandise pickup in the warehouse after I ordered it to make sure they had one on stock as soon as the store opened. He found one and I was there in 30 minutes. When I put it together I noticed the switch box was broke, only one screw holding it on, and 2 set screws were missing for the quill handle. I called the guy back in recieveing and he said he would order me a new switch box and set screws, and they should be delivered to my door aproximatly by this comeing wednesday. I went to the local hardware store and bought 2 set screws just to get me by till then. Other than that I'm happy as a lark. From what I can tell it's very close to the Steel City drill press , plus it has a laser and the quil handle is a nicer setup. It's a nice upgrade from the AMT 13" drill press I have which I'll probably keep for a spindle sander because it oscilates.
    Last edited by Chuck Lenz; 10-12-2007 at 5:55 PM.

ARGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Read this post this AM, stewed about it all day long, finally had an adult beverage or two after work and said "WTH, go for it... I really don't need a DP, but heck, $180 for a mega DP, I can't go wrong!"

True 'nuff, but I just was reminded that I'll go wrong every time for waiting too long to pull the trigger. Rats. Shoulda had a Bloody Mary this morning instead of coffee.

That said, I'll bet there's a few folks in Sears' internet dept that caught holy h.ell for that one...

Keep an eye out for the Bandsaw mistake-sale and let me know, OK?
    Last edited by Mickey Finn; 10-12-2007 at 5:31 PM.

I went looking for the drill press and could not locate it on the Sears site, the site posted by Russ or Sears Ebay site. Can someone direct me to the area of Sears where I can order the DP.
    David B

Mistake or not, its complete B******* that it took them ALL DAY to fix the "pricing error". Bait and switch my friends.

Im going over there tommorrow and see what I can work out. If not im not going to buy from them again. Its stupid that it took them all day to at least have the decency to cancel my order.

I have not recieved my e-mail yet after ordering it at 8am. I went to the store and they said they can't do anything till i get the confirmation e-mail. They would not honor the price on the internet even though it was still up at the time I went in. A big YOU SUCK to everyone who got theirs. I was at the Clackmas store in Portland, OR for anyone that was curious.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I am on day 39 of a nightmare with Sears.

Robert, like you, I had an online order delayed (gladiator garage cabinets) because they had to manually verify the CC. That was on Sept 3rd. On Sept 5th, my card was charged $1098 12 times. My CC company suspected fraud and placed my account on hold. Every single day I was promised a credit. 2 weeks of calls to Sears customer service and 2 trips to the store finally got me a canceled order and another promise of credit. I still called every day to make sure the order was canceled and my credit was being processed. Each day I was told the same thing, that the note to cancel was in place, but it took 24 hours for the status to change and the credit to process.

One week after that I was charged again, this makes the 13th time. That was Sept 20th. To this day I still don't have a credit, and I have now been told by 2 supervisors that due to a computer glitch they cannot process credits, I will get mine when I get it, and not to call back.

Throughout this ordeal I have never once received any email or callback from them when promised. You guys are playing with fire when you order from Sears.com. This problem with their system, and their entire customer service infrastructure is much bigger than any of us. I'm telling you, its virtually impossible. Thank goodness my CC company is on my side so far.
    Last edited by Darren Ford; 10-12-2007 at 5:42 PM.

I get an error message. ;~(

Talking

Just ordered one, no confirmation yet, but have my order confirmation number in hand. Will be putting this up for sale once I receive the tool, I have a nice drill press already, if I can make some cash for other tools all the better.

Heather

Woo hoo! Got mine! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Ford View Post
    I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I am on day 39 of a nightmare with Sears.

Robert, like you, I had an online order delayed (gladiator garage cabinets) because they had to manually verify the CC. That was on Sept 3rd. On Sept 5th, my card was charged $1098 12 times. My CC company suspected fraud and placed my account on hold. Every single day I was promised a credit. 2 weeks of calls to Sears customer service and 2 trips to the store finally got me a canceled order and another promise of credit. I still called every day to make sure the order was canceled and my credit was being processed. Each day I was told the same thing, that the note to cancel was in place, but it took 24 hours for the status to change and the credit to process.

One week after that I was charged again, this makes the 13th time. That was Sept 20th. To this day I still don't have a credit, and I have now been told by 2 supervisors that due to a computer glitch they cannot process credits, I will get mine when I get it, and not to call back.

Throughout this ordeal I have never once received any email or callback from them when promised. You guys are playing with fire when you order from Sears.com. This problem with their system, and their entire customer service infrastructure is much bigger than any of us. I'm telling you, its virtually impossible. Thank goodness my CC company is on my side so far.
    Jeez man, thats insane. Your lucky your credit card company is on the up & up. Now you have me scared!

Just got mine home. Never received the confirmation email but called the store to make sure they had it. They did & I went & got it. Still in the box so I don't know yet if all the pieces are there. Hopefully they are & I just got a great deal.