Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sears 17" DP on Sale! $180

I found this today and plan on writing up a letter. Probably will end up in the dumpster, but ill try.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/nb_10153_...ions?adCell=A4

I would think in this day and age with big competition from lowes and home depot they would try harder. A little bit of service on this would make them future sales from me for life. And to think I have been defending many of their tools on this website and woodnet for a long time.

Thanks russ I got mine, when I went to the store they actually had a tag on the DP for 179 but when they rang it up it came up 479.00 they called the mgr to correct and he said it was a interner mistake and tried to not honor it lucky for me I printed everything out and brought it to him, after about 1 hour they finially honored it and I left with it and its home and put together already.
    Thanks again russ

I doubt its bait and switch, chances are like has been said, its just a misprint, not gonna get to worked up if it falls though, but we'll see.

Called the store about 1 3/4 hours ago to check on how its going, got somebody who I doubt English was even a second language and after about 45 minutes he finally got my name, conformation number and that I was trying to buy a drill press, not a TV, not a sofa or not a microwave and something else but I just couldn't understand what he was saying.
    He could find nothing and promised to call right back and hung up.

Haven't heard anything yet, if the DP falls though, I'll live, this though will be a letter to sears informing them after 40+ years of buying their products I will learn to live without them, I live in America and expect people to communicate in English, especially if they're in customer service, and to honor their word, right back is not hours later....

Not real happy with sears right now, maybe tomm will be a brighter day

Al...he might have been from Oklahoma too, you know how funny them southerns talk...
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

I'm guessing for those of us who haven't received their confirmation email yet, that Sears is going to just "forget" the order was ever placed. You'll have a confirmation number but nothing else.

I'm guessing I'll call customer service tomorrow and they'll say the order has been canceled.

(and no, there were never plans to inform us the order was canceled.)

Long ago, I swore I would never buy a Craftsman power tool again. This actually might have been a chance for them to get my business back. Now it looks like it'll be just another reason to avoid Sears/Craftsman.

Blog Entries
    My boss's boss got one. lucky dog.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Still waiting for my email. Has anybody actualy been told that their order has been cancelled?

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Well according to my Master Charge web site the charge has been made and is pending. Usually it takes a day or to to post to an account.
    I have a paid receipt with a Delivery date of Nov 1.
    We'll see what happens now. Although it seems to me that once I have paid in person , have the receipt and order confirmation the item should be mine as paid for??
    Robert

Blog Entries
    according to my order status, I am still awaiting email confirmation, but when I selected the item# to look the drilll press over again, it showed the following:

Looking for something at Sears.com?

The product you are looking for is no longer available.
    Go to the Sears.com home page or use the category links above to shop.
    You may have received this message for several reasons:
    • You have bookmarked our site. Thanks for coming back!
    • Your session has timed out. To continue your visit, please proceed back to Sears.com.
    • If you are a registered user, you will be asked to re-login to access the personalized features of the site.
    • You tried to reach a page that no longer exists. This may be due to a caching glitch in our system.

If you reached this page from another Sears.com page, click to go back. As always, thank you for shopping at Sears.

I guess they found the error and pulled it, but we are still waiting to see if they will honor pending orders like ours. Good Luck!!
    My continuing search for old tools- rusthunter dot com

I got one. Went to the local store this morning, where they had it on display but they had cleverly laid a bunch of table saw blades over the price sheet. Not detered, I moved the blades and sure enough, the price sheet had the sale price of $179 at the bottom.

I called someone over to ask about stock, he said the $179 wasn't for that drill press and pointed out that the TOP HALF of the price sheet said "15-inch drill press". I pointed out that the BOTTOM HALF of the price sheet said "17-inch drill press" right next to the $179 sale price and the model number. Then I pulled the web printout from my pocket and showed him that the stock numbers matched. That seemed to clinch the deal and we headed for the register.

He checked stock and they had ONE LEFT. I said "I'll take it." He tried to ring it up, but it kept coming up at $479. He called over a manager to override it. She didn't blink, just swiped her card and the deal was done.

Got it home and set it up. A few cheesy plastic knobs, but it seems to be pretty good where it counts. Runs very smoothly, no discernable runout on the quill. It even has "frickin' laser beams".... :-)

A big step up from the 13" Harbor Freight I have been using, and it wasn't any more expensive. Actually, the Harbor Freight 13" is $185.

Great deal -- thanks for the heads up!

...Scott

I put in the order for pickup, it was in stock at two of our
    area stores but I am out of town `til next week. I tried
    to check on the order tonight and got this message:

We're unable to identify this order. Either the order number or email address is invalid.

Orders placed on sears.com have unique numbers, and in some cases letters too (example: seax-000000000-seaz).
    Please review your order number and enter all numbers, and letters if applicable.

called on mine... still has email pending on it

Customer service said it has been cancelled. He had some really lame excuses on the phone, but I simply asked him.... "And when did you plan to inform me or email me?".... no response

S'ok. Sears has never been on my shopping list for any tools other than hand tools, these types of things just prove that my shopping needs are being met where they ought to, not Sears.

/shrug

mike

Drat.

Just got the following email from Sears. I'm disappointed I didn't cash in on the deal, but I'll get over it.
    --------------------
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order with sears.com.

Unfortunately, your order for the 17 in. Drill Press (Item #00922901000)
    with sears.com has been cancelled due to an error with the advertised
    sale price. The cancellation of your order is in accordance with our
    liability restrictions listed within our terms and conditions on our
    site. Your account as been credited in the amount of $179.99. The
    correct sale price for this item is $479.99. If you still wish to
    purchase this item for the correct sales price, please contact us
    directly at 1-800-349-4358 for personal assistance in placing a new
    order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sears Customer Care
    order@customerservice.sears.com
    1-800-349-4358

13. Here is my story.
    Approximately 1000am I went to see what's going on
    on one of my favorite places on the internet SMC.
    Saw that super deal, ordered right away. Never got confirmation.
    The Sears is close to my work but I drove my wife's car today, so I went home took my pickup truck , checked e-mail and drove back to that Sears.

When I came to Sears and took a look at that DP I realized that they made a mistake. That was their biggest DP and actual selling price was close to $500.

I decided if they mention that it was a mistake I would back up.

Instead a saleperson tried to make fun of me ( I speak English much worse then I write, lied a couple of times, pointed to me that there he cannot find
    such advertisement on their web site any more.

That pissed me off a little and I asked for a manager,
    pushed hard and got that damn DP.

I the last moment I even felt bad about that but then recalled how many times I bought junk from them, all their little dirty tricks and decided to keep it.
    To calm my consciousness down I gave $10 tip to the guy who helped to load the press in the truck and went home.
    Last edited by Andrew Chavchich; 10-13-2007 at 12:18 AM.

Robert, I called that # for national customer service, and followed to the letter the instructions a helpful rep had given me on what prompts to press zero to get to a non-frontline department that was staffed by people who not only care, but can get things done. Short story is -- neither turned out to be true. The first person transferred me to another who promised to transfer me to the right person and hung up. Called back got a third person who transferred me back to the same people at Sears.com that I had already been talking to for a month.

Sears, the organization, is broken. I have a garage full of tools from them, a house full of appliances, etc. And I can tell you, I saw it almost the day of the merger with Kmart, they went down. And it was no death spiral, it was almost instant. From the lowest sales person to the highest level I have dealt with, nobody can do anything, and few care. I have had one problem after another over the past year, and unbelievably, its usually not a warranty issue (although that has happened), 99% of my problems have been not being able to buy an item that I walk into the store with cash or CC ready to buy. You would think selling in-stock items would be easy for them. But its not. Not anymore.

Oh, one more thing. The multiple charges to the CC card issue, it wasn't just me. I was told by several reps that happened to a lot (A LOT) of people. One had just got off the phone with a man who had been charged 26 times. Basically they just repeated the charges until the CC company cut them off. Apparently they created a group of people just to work thru and manually credit us, and they were 7 days behind.
    Last edited by Darren Ford; 10-13-2007 at 12:21 AM.

Oh Well....

10:35P E-mail from Sears

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order with sears.com.

Unfortunately, your order for the 17 in. Drill Press (Item # 00922901000) with sears.com has been cancelled due to an error with the advertised sale price. The cancellation of your order is in accordance with our liability restrictions listed within our terms and conditions on our site. Your account as been credited in the amount of $179.99. The correct sale price for this item is $479.99. If you still wish to purchase this item for the correct sales price, please contact us directly at 1-800-349-4358 for personal assistance in placing a new order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sears Customer Care
    order@customerservice.sears.com
    1-800-349-4358